DBX 160A Classic Hard Knee Compressor Limiter
The DBX 160 range of compressors was, and still is, one of the classic go to compressors since the mid 70’s. The latest version, the DBX 160A, is one of the most versatile compressors available, particularly for tracking. Use it on Bass, Vocals, guitar, individual drums or use a pair via the stereo link for overheads. Also features a switchable OverEasy and Hard Knee compression curves for further flexibility. Easy to understand operation, comprehensive metering and the excellent 160 sound. A classic compressor for modern use.
The dbx 160 is a legendary family of compressor/limiters. The same classic sound, easy set-up and no compromise metering is now married to an improved signal path and stronger chassis design. The result is industry standard compressor/limiter which is digital-ready and road tough.
Featuring switch-selectable OverEasy® and Hard Knee compression curves along with extremely wide-ranging threshold, ratio and output controls, the dbx 160A is up to any task. True RMS level detection provides the most natural-sounding dynamics processing available, from subtle compression to "brick wall" peak limiting. Choose low ratios and OverEasy® compression to transparently smooth out fluctuating vocal and instrumental levels. Or use the 160A's Hard Knee compression and high ratios (up to and beyond :1 and over 60dB gain reduction) for bombproof protection against overload distortion in digital recording, P.A. systems and broadcast signals. The 160A is fully compatible with +4/-10dB and balanced/ unbalanced systems, and its electronically balanced output stage is an outstanding line driver for long cable runs (an output transformer is optional). The 19-segment, switchable input/ output LED metering can be easily calibrated to any operating level. 12-segment gain reduction LEDs provide precise analysis at a glance.
The dbx® 160A's unique "INFINITY +" inverse-compression mode actually decreases the audio output level below unity gain when the input exceeds threshold, a real lifesaver for correcting overbearing vocal choruses and controlling runaway house mix levels. A detector input can be used with an equalizer for de-essing sibilant vocals and selectively smoothing out boomy notes on acoustic guitar and bass. And two 160As can be stereo-coupled to process an entire mix or instruments mic'd in stereo, without shifting the left/right image. Its musical sound, easy operation and unequaled versatility made the original dbx® 160 a world standard. The 160A follows that tradition, while meeting the challenges of a digital world.ent in the mix, or overall characteristics of 4 independent signals or control the gain leveling on a couple of stereo pairs, the dbx 160A is for you.
DBX 160A Features
- OverEasy® or classic hard knee compression with dbx's® ultra-musical program dependent attack and release times
- Compression ratio variable from 1:1 through infinity :1 to negative compression
- Precision dual RMS LED display monitors input or output and gain reduction over a wide range and calibrates for different operating levels
- Over 60dB of gain reduction available
- Exclusive Infinity+ compression allows negative compression
- Independent balanced and unbalanced outputs can drive 600 loads to +24dBm simultaneously.
- New floating balanced output stage drives any load
- Optional output transformer capable
- Strappable with another 160A for true RMS stereo summing operation
DBX 160A Specifications
- Input Connectors: 1/4" TRS and XLR, Floating Balanced; XLR: Pin 2 hot Phone: Tip Hot
- Input Impedance: 40k
- Max Input: +24dBu, Balanced or Unabalanced (Absolute)
- CMRR: >45dB (any Frequency)
- Detector Input: Connector: 14" TRS phone, Floating Balanced
- Detector Input Impedance: >200k
- Detector Input Max Level: +28dBu, Balanced or Unbalanced
- Output Connectors: 1/4" TRS phone, Unbalanced; XLR, floating balanced; pin 2 hot
- Output Impedance: Balanced 200 ohm, unbalanced 100 ohm
- Max Output: (Balanced): +24dBm; <0.3% THD; (Unbalanced): +20dBm; <0.3% THD
- Noise: <-90dBu, Unweighted (20Hz - 20kHz)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz -20kHz, +0, -0.5dB; +0, -3dB 0.5Hz and 90kHz.
- THD: <0.2%, Typical, any amount of compression up to 40dB @ 1kHz
- Compressor Threshold Range: -40dBu to +20dBu
- Compressor Threshold Characteristic: OverEasy® or hard knee
- Compressor Ratio: Variable 1:1 to :1 thru to -1:1; >60dB maximum compression
- Compressor Attack Time: Program dependent; typically 15ms for 10dB, 5ms for 20dB, 3ms for 30dB
- Compressor Release Time: Program Dependent; Typically 8ms for 1dB, 80ms for 10dB, 400ms for 50dB; 125dB/sec rate
- Dynamic Range: >113dB
- Gain Adjustment Range: Variable from -20dB to +20dB
- Stereo Coupling: True RMS Power summing
- Summing: 1/4" TRS phone jack
- Operating Voltage: DO: 90-130VAC, 50/60Hz; EU: 200-250VAC, 50/60Hz
- Power Connector: IEC receptacle
- Dimensions: 1.75" x 19" x 6.5" (4.45cm x 48.2cm x 16.51cm)
- Unit Weight: 4.452 lbs (1.99 kg)
- Shipping Weight: 6.62 lbs (2.99 kg)
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
£432.00 £360.00 (ex. vat)
£636.00 £530.00 (ex. vat)
£480.00 £400.00 (ex. vat)
£358.80 £299.00 (ex. vat)