Daking Audio MicPreEQ - 52270C Mic Pre with 4 band 'A Range' EQ
The Daking Mic PreEQ combines a 4-band EQ with a high-quality mic preamp for great results from a very easy-to-use, compact unit! The Mic Pre/EQ uses discrete circuitry, Class A amplifiers, and transformer balanced inputs and outputs, giving you the richness of classic console sound and the dependability and low noise only modern technology and production techniques can provide. Large aluminum knobs give you easy adjustments to EQ and output functions, while well-placed high- and low-pass, pad, and phantom power buttons are right where you need them on the Mic Pre/EQ.
Make some magic
Based on the original "A Range" circuit design, the Mic Pre/EQ is made to give you that classic "magic" touch to your signal, while its clean construction and quality components ensure that this unit will be right at home in even the most discerning modern studios. The Mic Pre/EQ gives you five stepped frequencies per band plus continuously variable boost and cut. All relay switching uses gold bi-furcated contacts for positive, reliable results. You also get switchable phantom power and 20db pad on the mic input.
Built for your studio
The Mic Pre EQ is a high-performance microphone preamplifier and four band equalizer. Like Daking's FET II Compressor Limiter and the MPIV 4-channel mic pre, the Mic Pre-EQ uses all discrete transistor circuitry, transformer balanced inputs and outputs, and Class A amplifiers. Plus, it's all packed into a very compact and convenient rackmountable stainless steel chassis that's a perfect fit for any studio, big or small.
The Daking story
Having broken into the music industry as the drummer for '60s psychedelic band the Blues Magoos, Geoff Daking went on to truly make his mark designing and building boutique-quality studio gear. His company's latest offerings not only look classic, sound great, and perform solidly - you'll be knocked out by their decidedly non-boutique prices. Daking puts a premium on putting quality components at the heart of his gear, from circuits to transformers to amplifiers, while implementing modern techniques to ensure reliable, consistent performance.
Daking Mic PreEQ Features
- Transformer balanced inputs and output
- All discrete transistor circuitry
- Class A amplifiers
- 4-band EQ with hard bypass
- Continuously variable boost and cut: +-16dB
- Stepped frequencies: High Shelving 8-10-12-15k-20k/Upper Mids 1.5-3-5-7-9K/Lower Mids 125-hZ-250hZ-500hZ-1K-2K/Low Shelving 30-
- High- and low-pass filters - 25Hz and 15kHz
- All relay switching w/gold bi-furcated contacts
- Switched +48v phantom power
- Remoteable Mute and Bypass
- 20dB pad on mic input
- Stainless steel construction for noise immunity
- Aluminum knobsClass A Mic Preamp/4-band EQ with Discrete Circuitry, Hard Bypass, Pad, Phantom Power, and Remoteable Mute and Bypass
- The Daking Mic Pre/EQ combines a 4-band EQ with a high-quality mic preamp for great results from a very easy-to-use, compact unit!