Chameleon Labs TS-1 MKII - Small Diaphragm Tube Microphone System
The Chameleon Labs TS-1 MKII is a tube condenser microphone with small diaphragm Cardiod and Omni Capsules, a switchable (Cardiod & Omni) large diapgrahm capsule and a power supply with adjustable heater voltage control.
The TS-1 MKII is a switchable diaphragm tube condenser microphone, unique in design, and versatile in application. Driven by newly designed vacuum tube electronics and utilizing a U.S. made MIL-Spec 5840 NOS tube, the TS-1 MKII provides an unmatched combination of sparkle and warmth without the overly bright sonic qualities of other leading pencil condensers.
The TS-1 MKII is excellent for accurately capturing a wide variety of instruments including stringed, percussion, wind instruments, and more. This microphone responds extremely well to transients. It performs flawlessly when recording toms and snares, or being used as an overhead pair.
Included with the TS-1 MKII are two interchangeable capsules, one cardioid, and the other an omni. The cardioid capsule is best used when you desire to pick up specific sound sources, such as one guitar within an ensemble. The omni capsule is used when you wish to pick up a wider area, such as a group of instruments.
The power supply's unique adjustable Heater Voltage control customizes the tube to allow tailoring of the microphone to your tonal requirements. A precision voltage meter provides repeatability.
The TS-1 MKII is a plate loaded, triode-strapped, pentode design using a MIL SPEC NOS 5840 tube. With its capsules designed to withstand up to 130dB SPL, the TS-1 MKII can be used in very loud sonic environments without significant distortion.
Chameleon Labs TS-1 MKII Features
- TS-1 MKII small diaphragm tube condenser microphone
- AC power supply with adjustable tube heater voltage control
- Cardioid capsule
- Omni capsule
- TS1-L Large Diaphragm capsule included
- TS-1 MKII shock mount
- 25-foot 7-pin microphone cable
- AC power cable
- Aluminum carrying case
Chameleon Labs TS-1 MKII Specifications
- Transducer type: Gold sputtered; 3 microns thick
- Vacuum Tube: U.S. Made MIL SPEC NOS 5840
- Output impedance: 200 ohms
- Sensitivity: -35dB (@ 1 KHz, re 0dB=1V/Pa)
- Noise: 19dB-A
- Maximum Output: 130dB SPL
- Frequency Response:
- Cardioid capsule: 70Hz – 20 kHz +/- 4 dB
- Omni capsule: 30Hz – 20 kHz +/- 4 dB
- Hypercardioid capsule: 80Hz – 20 kHz +/- 4 dB
- Large Diaphragm capsule: 30Hz – 20 kHz +/- 4 dB
|Model||Chameleon Labs TS-1 MKII|