Chameleon Labs 7602 MKII Mic-Pre & Equaliser
The Chameleon Labs 7602 MKII is the sequel to Chameleon labs smash hit 7602 Microphone Preamplifier/Equalizer. The 7602 MKII new features include: selectable mic impedance, LED input metering, upgraded knob styles, and two different power options, all of this for the same cost as the MKI. The 7602 MKII ships with an in-line power power supply (all regulation is done inside the unit). The rackmountable CPS-1 can also still be used, but is no longer required.
The Model 7602 MKII Microphone Preamplifier/Equalizer is based on a classic and revered british design utilizing pure Class 'A' circuitry. This unit is made with 100% discrete components, hand wound transformers and was fabricated to precisely match the vintage counterparts manufactured in the early to mid 70's. The 7602 MKII represents a dramatic breakthrough in recreating vintage audio performance at an affordable price.
Chameleon Labs 7602 MKII Features
- Fully balanced transformer mic and line inputs
- Balanced XLR output
- Hi-Z direct input for instruments on the front panel
- LED input metering
- Selectable mic impedance switch (300 or 1200 Ohms)
- 48VDC phantom power switch
- 180 degree phase reversal switch
- 20 position gold contact ELMA rotary gain switch for both Mic and Line sections
- Output level control functions as a fader when going straight to tape
- Carnhill mic and output transformer option
Chameleon Labs 7602 MKII Specifications
- Microphone – 300 & 1,200 ohms
- Line – 10,000 ohms
- D.I. – 100,000 ohms
- Microphone – -80dBm to -20 dBm in 5dB steps for 0 dBm output.
- Line – -20 dBm to +10 dBm in 5 dB steps for 0 dBm output.
- Measured at 80 db of gain with 200 ohm input termination, without 20Hz to 20kHz to assist in filtering out noise.
- -49dbu with final output stage at 50% EIN -129 dbu;
- -46dbu with final output stage at unity EIN -126 dbu;
- Controls either “flat” or switched out.
- Balanced and floating to feed a 600 ohm load.
- Maximum output +26 dBm into 600 ohms, or +20dBm into 150 ohms.
Output impedance 600 ohms, balanced (source impedance 75 ohms).
Frequency Response 11 Hz – 77.65 kHz – 3 dB.
Level variation is less than 0.2%.
Distortion: 1k Hz = 0.0245%
|Model||Chameleon Labs 7602 MKII|