CCS Musicam Prima LT Audio Codec (used)
The CCS Musicam Prima LT is high-quality, stereo, bi-directional audio codec that operates using MUSICAM- enhanced MPEG Layer 2, MPEG Layer 3 and G.722 algorithms for compatibility with all other mpeg compatible codecs. The Prima LT is a 2U rack mount (with removal rack ears) which has a large, backlit LCD display with adjustable contrast. There is a large keypad for entering numbers with single-button status keys and a keypad beeper. Eight status indicators show the connect state, framed state, bit errors and audio levels and there are two user-programmable function keys. Additionally, it has no fan, for quiet operation.
The Prima LT offers ISDN connectivity at bit rates ranging from 56 to 128 kb/s and bit rates of 24 to 384 kb/s are supported with V.35, X.21 or RS422 using sampling rates from 16 to 48 kHz. CCS Inverse Multiplexing and H.221 BONDING protocols are standard and the Prima LT is fully Eureka DAB compatible. Additionally, the microprocessor-controlled Prima LT is equipped with powerful programming functions using the Prima Logic Language. You can program your Prima LT, for example, to perform functions such as automatic call configuration and automatic algorithm detection. All functions can be password protected with a multi-level security system and there are programmable remote outputs. Ancillary data includes far end remote control, RS232 data and 12 virtual control lines. There is near and far-end remote control using an attached terminal or PC with RS232 or RS485 support. RS485 remote control allows up to 30 Prima LT or CDQPrima units to be controlled by the same PC.
The Prima LT uses plug-in modules allowing you to connect directly to ISDN or to any digital transmission system with available V.35, X.21 or RS422A interfaces. The Prima LT’s broadcast mode allows you to send two independent audio channels to two locations, or send the same monaural program to two locations simultaneously.
An internal phonebook has storage for 256 Speed Dial and Quick Configuration entries. Each Speed Dial entry contains all encoder and decoder configuration information and up to two ISDN phone numbers. The Prima LT comes pre-programmed with over three dozen of the most useful configurations, including configurations used to connect to other manufacturers products. Additionally, there is storage for up to 20 ISDN TA configurations, each including all TA settings, SPID and ID numbers.
This item is used but in great condition and fully tested.
Technical Specifications For Prima LT:
- Analogue Audio Connector Type: Gold plated Neutrik 3-pin XLR, input: female, output: male
- A/D & D/A converters: 24 bit sigma-delta
- Sample frequencies: 16, 24, 32, or 48 kHz
- Input impedance: 600 Ohms or >25 kOhm, balanced
- Output impedance: 600 Ohms or < 60 Ohms, balanced
- Clipping level: +12, +15 or +18 dBu, ± 1 dB
- Insertion gain: 0 dB ± 0.5 dB
- System frequency response ± 0.3 dB, ref. @ 1 kHz for MUSICAM Layer II: 20 to 7,500 Hz @ 16 kHz sampling, 20 to 11,250 Hz @ 24 kHz sampling
- System frequency response ± 0.15 dB, ref. @ 1 kHz for MUSICAM Layer II and Layer III: 20 to 14,500 Hz @ 32 kHz sampling, 20 to 20,000 Hz @ 48 kHz sampling
- Total harmonic distortion + noise: <0.005% @ 1 kHz
- Signal-to-noise ratio: >95 dB
- Crosstalk: <-90 dB
- L/R phase difference: <0.5°