Cascade VIN-JET Long Element Ribbon Microphone Blumlein Pair
The Cascade VIN-JET ribbon mic (blumlein pair) is a 2 7/16” long aluminium ribbon capsule suspended in a neodymium magnet pair.
Extremely sensitive and offering exceptional clarity, the ribbon capsule ensures nothing is lost in translation. And thanks to its powerful Neodymium magnet design, the capsule performs with articulation and consistency. With two VIN-JETs, you can capture the special sound of a recordings acoustic space, use them as a pair for drum overheads, choir or piano recordings, or use each on a variety of instruments such as guitars, harps, woodwind, brass and vocals.
The Blumein Pair Kit allows for realistic high quality stereo and blumlein recordings. Positioning each VIN-JET mic’s figure of 8 pattern on top of each other allows for the creation of faithful and accurate spacial recordings. The kit also comes with a stereo mounting bar for easy positioning of both mics on a sing mic stand.
Cascade VIN-JET Specifications
- Type: Ribbon (velocity) Microphone
- Ribbon type & Dimensions: 99% Pure aluminum, 2.5 micron, 2 7/16" (L) X 3/16" (W)
- Polar pattern: Figure 8 Symmetrical design
- Sensitivity: -54.8 dB (1.8 mV/Pa)
- Smooth, natural extended low and high ends
- Fast, accurate transient response
- Wide, extended sweet spots
- 135dB SPL capability
- Connector: 3-Pin male XLR
- Ideal for stereo microphone setups
- Size: 2 1/8" (O.D. grill), 2" (O.D. body); Overall length 8 3/8"
- 2 X VIN-JET Long Ribbon Microphone
- Aluminum case
- 2 X Premium suspension shockmount
- Stereo Bar
- Micro-fiber cleaning cloth
- Specifications and typical measurement report