Cascade Fathead II with Lundahl - Black/Silver
Unlike most ribbon motors designed today with an offset ribbon element the new Cascade FAT HEAD II houses a hand-tuned ribbon element that incorporates the legendary symmetrical ribbon design. This design offers a true figure 8 pattern. The corrugated aluminum membrane itself is positioned in the center from front to back, thus producing a balanced audio input signal to both sides of the ribbon assembly. This design is very useful when executing a mid-side or Blumlein recording set-up and also great for live stage use.
The FAT HEAD II offers a unique Radian Grill Design
The Cascade FAT HEAD offers the natural and open sound associated with the finest ribbon microphones. You will find that when recording acoustic guitars, guitar cabinets, vocals, drum over-heads, and countless other types of instruments, the ribbon microphone will produce the warmth that is vital to today's digital recording environment. We firmly believe you will also agree that this microphone will make a great addition to your collection.
We inspect the audio and built quality of each and every Cascade microphone before it leaves our shop, once you try one...you'll be a believer.
FAT HEAD II Upgrades: Polished nickel grill, neck and nut with a larger body, plus a heavy-duty premium shockmount. Sonically the same as the standard FAT HEAD.
- Type: Ribbon (velocity) Microphone
- Ribbon type & Dimensions: 99% Pure aluminum, 2.5 micron, 1 3/4" (L) X 3/16" (W)
- Polar pattern: Figure 8 Symmetrical
- Sensitivity: -56 db +/- 2 dB (0 dB=1V/Pa)
- Frequency response: 30 to -18,000 Hz (+/- 3dB)
- Output Impedance: <=200 Ohms
- Recommended load impedance: >1000 Ohms
- Max.SPL (1% THD @1000 Hz): 165 dB
- Connector: 3-Pin male XLR
- Size: Diameter: 3" (O.D. grill), overall length 7 3/4", 1 3/4" (O.D. body)
Casade Fat Head II Includes
- FAT HEAD II Ribbon Microphone
- Premium suspension shockmount
- Quality wood box with heavy-duty latch and hinges
- Upgrade aluminum case
- Micro-fiber cleaning cloth