Cascade Fathead II Blumlein Pair - Brown/Gold
Unlike most ribbon motors designed and built with offset ribbon element, the Cascade FAT HEAD II houses a hand-tuned ribbon element that incorporates the legendary symmetrical ribbon design in a true, figure-of-8 pattern. It's corrugated aluminum membrane is positioned in the center from front to back, thus producing a balanced audio input signal to both sides of the ribbon assembly. This design is very useful when executing a mid-side or Blumlein recording set-up and also great for live stage use.
The Cascade FAT HEAD offers the natural and open sound, associated with only the finest ribbon microphones. You'll find that when recording acoustic guitars, guitar cabinets, vocals, drum over-heads, and countless other types of instruments, the ribbon microphone will produce the warmth that is vital to today's digital recording environment.
Cascade inspect the sound and built quality of each and every microphone before it leaves Cascade's workshop, once you try one...you'll be a believer.
FAT HEAD II Upgrades: Polished nickel grill, neck and nut with a larger body, plus a heavy-duty premium shockmount. Sonically the same as the standard FAT HEAD.
Casade Fat Head II Blumlein - Stereo Pair Kit Includes
- Two FAT HEAD Ribbon Microphones
- Premium suspension shockmount
- Blumlein - Stereo Adaptor Bar
- Upgrade aluminum case
- Micro-fiber cleaning cloth
Casade Fat Head II Blumlein Pair Specifications
- Type: Ribbon (velocity) Microphone
- Ribbon type & Dimensions: 99% Pure aluminum, 2.5 micron, 1 3/4" (L) X 3/16" (W)
- Polar pattern: Figure 8 Symmetrical
- Sensitivity: -56 db +/- 2 dB (0 dB=1V/Pa)
- Frequency response: 30 to -18,000 Hz (+/- 3dB)
- Output Impedance: <=200 Ohms
- Recommended load impedance: >1000 Ohms
- Max.SPL (1% THD @1000 Hz): 165 dB
- Connector: 3-Pin male XLR
- Size: Diameter: 3" (O.D. grill), overall length 7 3/4", 1 3/4" (O.D. body)