Stepping aside and leaving the limelight to others. Allowing the necessary room so that the sound event can fully unfold. And become a sound experience. A microphone in the best Brauner tradition, an outstanding character. The Phantom V (variable) as a phantom powered large diaphragm FET microphone was the logical next development step in our product philosophy. It was developed on the basis of the circuit design of the VM1 and also utilizes its capsule.
Small difference can mean a lot, whether it is the freedom to choose the most suitable directional characteristic (omnidirectional, cardioid or bi-directional) for a recording situation, or to expand the dynamic range by 10 dB in case it becomes louder than expected. As the first of Brauner's phantom powered microphones, the Phantom V offers maximal application flexibility and is therefore useful in a variety of situations.
Brauner Phantom V Technical Specifications
- Equivalent Noise: < 11 dB A (IEC651)
- Signal to Noise: > 83 dB (1 Pa/1 kHz-cardioid)
- Sensitivity: 28 mV / Pa-cardioid
- Pattern: omni, cardioid, figure eight
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz - 22 kHz
- Maximum SPL: 142 dB SPL @ 0,3 % THD
- Supply: 48 V phantom power