Bose L1 Model II system with B2 bass and ToneMatch audio engine
The Bose L1 Model II system, is an advanced portable amplification system for musicians, DJs and public speakers. This system includes one B2 bass module for more flexibility and even greater power at the low end and the ToneMatch® audio engine provides a suite of studio-class effects and tone-shaping tools to give you just the sound you're looking for. The loudspeaker delivers 180 degrees of horizontal sound coverage an exceptionally smooth tonal balance—across the stage and throughout the room.
This premium sound system for musicians combines the L1® Model II system and T1 ToneMatch® audio engine. This professional sound system provides wide coverage, smooth tonal balance and a suite of studio-class effects and tone-shaping tools. And it's packed with proprietary Bose® technologies designed to improve your amplified sound.
- Recommended for audiences up to 500
- 24-speaker articulated line array delivers 180-degree horizontal sound coverage
- Produces the most consistent tonal balance with little volume drop-off over distance
- System's interconnecting pieces allow for efficient transport, easy setup and breakdown
- Four-channel ToneMatch® audio engine with studio class effects
- One B2 bass module included
Sound advantages—only from Bose
The system's breakthrough loudspeaker produces wide, uniform sound coverage of nearly 180 degrees—onstage and throughout an audience of up to several hundred—with little dropoff in volume and tone.
The Model II system also features Articulated Array® speaker technology for better tonal balance. The loudspeaker's 24 vertically mounted drivers are precisely angled to create clearer highs and more consistent tone in the room. Even people off to the sides of these stage speakers enjoy well-balanced, detailed sound.
Powerful multichannel audio engine
Combining the T1 ToneMatch® audio engine with your L1® system expands your options to connect additional instruments and microphones. You can also use the ToneMatch® engine to fine-tune your sound with powerful, proprietary tone-shaping tools.
The compact, four-channel engine provides fingertip control of a library of ToneMatch® presets. Just touch a button to make hundreds of precise refinements to the sound of instruments and microphones.
The engine also features a complete suite of studio-class reverbs, additional effects and dynamics processing. It connects to the L1® Model II system via a single digital cable for quick, streamlined setup.
Full, flexible bass
The high-performance B2 bass module delivers greater low-frequency output when you need more powerful bass for larger audiences. The module includes three settings for increased flexibility. The normal setting is ideal for bass guitar or when miking a kick drum. A higher setting is designed for DJ/music playback applications. And the lower setting works well for acoustic guitar and vocals.
You can power one B2 bass module on a single L1® power stand. And the optional PackLite® power amplifier lets you add a second B2 bass module for maximum low-end power.
Easy and efficient
The L1® Model II power stand weighs only 10.88 kg, and its four retractable legs make it easy to transport and set up. The power stand also has a simplified control section; the single line-level input can be used with instruments, mics, mixers, laptops, MP3 players or DVD systems.
All of the system's components are also built to handle the road. The loudspeaker has a rugged, reinforced grille, and each package includes padded carrying bags for major components.
Bose L1 Model II Features
- Spatial Dispersion™ and Articulated Array® speaker technologies in the loudspeaker produce wide, uniform sound coverage. The 24 small drivers are arranged using Articulated Array® speaker technology in a slim, vertical enclosure—creating nearly 180 degrees of horizontal coverage and consistent tonal balance.
- Integrated power amplifiers in the power stand provide clean, precise amplification for L1® Model II system with up to two B1 bass modules or one B2 bass module.
- ToneMatch® port on power stand for digital audio and power connection to ToneMatch® audio engine.
- Analogue input, trim control and signal/clip LED for line-level analogue input via 0.63 cm TRS phone cable. Can be used for instruments or other audio sources like DJ mixers, MP3 players, computers or DVD systems.
- Bass module out for amplified bass output signal to the bass module. L1® system automatically adjusts equalisation appropriately when bass modules are connected.
- Bass line out delivers post-DSP bass signal output. Accepts 0.63 cm TRS phone cable. Use to connect powered subwoofer, additional amplification system or Bose® PackLite® amplifier with up to two additional bass modules.
- Retractable legs provide stability for streamlined power stands and loudspeakers. Four retractable legs fold out of power stand simultaneously for quick setup and compact transport.
- Convenient carry bags—one each for the loudspeaker, power stand and bass module—make getting to and from your gig that much easier.
B2 bass module
- Compact enclosure is easy to transport, set up and break down. Small footprint takes up considerably less space than traditional bass cabs required for same performance. Interlocking end caps let you securely stack two modules together on their sides.
- Highly efficient speaker design features two 10" (13.3 cm), high-output, high-excursion drivers that produce deep, strong bass from a small enclosure. Three level settings provide flexibility of output. When connected to power stand, active equalisation circuitry automatically adjusts bass signal appropriately.
ToneMatch® audio engine
- Integrated ToneMatch® audio engine and audio technologies provide four independent channels featuring a library of ToneMatch® instrument and microphone presets, proprietary zEQ and a complete suite of studio-class effects and sound processors.
- Proprietary ToneMatch® presets optimise L1® system to match intended natural sound of specific instruments and vocal mics. More than 100 presets are organised into quick-access banks and can be independently assigned to each channel. Free ongoing updates via USB connection between your computer and ToneMatch® audio engine.
- Proprietary zEQ automatically adjusts the range of tone controls to match your voice or instrument, making it easier to fine tune your sound. Conventional mixers may have fixed EQ ranges that don't accurately affect desired frequencies when adjusted. But zEQ appropriately redefines low, mid and high frequency ranges of specified sources.
- Single-band ParaEQ centres on frequency you specify for each independent channel. Valuable tool for reshaping problematic frequencies in certain venues.
- Five reverb types (small, medium, large, plate and cavern) available for global assignment, with individual channel controls for decay time, mix level and brightness.
- Three delay types (analogue, digital and tape) can be independently assigned to selected channels, with control over feedback time and mix level for each channel. For example, you can select tape delay for your vocal on channel 1 and analogue delay for your guitar on channel 2.
- Ten modulation effects (three chorus types, two flange types, four phaser types and one vintage tremolo effect) can be independently assigned to selected channels, with control over designated parameters for each channel.
- Seven dynamics processing types (three compressors, limiter, de-esser, kick gate and noise gate) can be assigned to independent channels.
- Scenes allow you to store, recall and edit "snapshots" of all key ToneMatch® audio engine settings at any given time. This feature helps simplify setup when you're using an L1® system repeatedly in different venues. The engine includes five predefined Bose® scenes, five My scenes and five Shared scenes you can give to other L1® owners.
- Chromatic tuner for convenient tuning of instruments.
- Large backlit display with intuitive layout and easy-to-read text for modes and settings.
- Rotary encoder for quick access to modes, effects and parameters, including ToneMatch® presets, zEQ, ParaEQ, reverbs, delays, modulators, dynamics processing, scenes and tuner. Features clean, circular layout.
- Aux mode (channels 1 – 3) send channels' dry, pre-fader or post-fader audio to aux output for connection to additional L1® systems or recording devices. Independent level controls for optimal signal output.
- Channel volume, mute and FX mute (1 – 4/5) for adjusting individual channel volume, muting individual channels and muting all effects on selected channels.
- Master volume adjusts overall level of master output.
- Phantom power applies +48V power to input channels 1 – 3 to drive specific microphones.
- ToneMatch® cable transfers audio signals and provides power to ToneMatch® audio engine from L1® power stand.
- Mounting bar and carriage securely attaches ToneMatch® audio engine to L1® loudspeaker.
- Cover and carrying case help protect engine when storing and transporting.
- L1® Model II Cylindrical Radiator® loudspeaker top: 110.5 cm H x 9 cm W x 10.5 cm D (7.4 kg)
- L1® Model II Cylindrical Radiator® loudspeaker bottom: 110.5 cm H x 9 cm W x 10.5 cm D (7.9 kg)
- L1® Model II power stand: 12.8 cm H x 26.2 cm W x 69.2 cm D (10.7 kg)
- B2 bass module: 59.4 cm H x 33.8 cm W x 48 cm D (20.41 kg)
- T1 ToneMatch audio engine: 6.76 cm H x 16.6 cm W x 20.9 cm D (1 kg)
- Mic/line inputs (1 - 3) feature combination analogue connectors accepting balanced XLR or unbalanced 0.63 cm TRS audio cables.
- Line inputs (4/5, L/R) for analogue stereo connections to keyboards, mixers and computers. Inputs accept balanced 0.63 cm TRS cable. Edit control affects both channels.
- Trim controls and signal/clip LEDs (1 - 4/5) for adjusting levels of input signals. Green/yellow/red LEDs show signal status and help you set gain levels properly.
- Preamp outputs (1 - 3) for connecting channels' dry output signals to recording gear or other amplifiers via balanced 0.63 cm TRS cable.
- Aux output can be used with aux mode to create independent submix of channels 1 - 4/5 to route to other amplifiers or recording gear.
- Master analogue output for connecting to additional L1® systems, amplifiers or recording gear via balanced 0.63 cm TRS cable. Select from pre- or post-master volume settings.
- ToneMatch® port to connect digital output of engine to L1® Model II power stand via included ToneMatch® digital cable.
- USB port for updating ToneMatch® audio engine and backing up scenes via USB connection to your computer.
In the box
L1® Model II with B1 bass
- L1® Model II power stand and cable
- L1® Model II Cylindrical Radiator loudspeaker (top and bottom)
- Loudspeaker carrying bags
- Power stand carrying bag
- B2 bass module and cable
- B2 slip cover
T1 ToneMatch® audio engine
- T1 ToneMatch® audio engine and cable
- ToneMatch® engine protective cover and carrying bag
- ToneMatch® engine mounting bar and carriage (not compatible with L1® Compact system)
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Bose SKU SBOSL1M2SB2T1 Model 362932-0010 GTIN NA
£2,449.00 (inc. vat) £2,040.83 (ex. vat)
£2,648.00 (inc. vat) £2,206.67 (ex. vat)
£2,199.00 (inc. vat) £1,832.50 (ex. vat)
£1,950.00 (inc. vat) £1,625.00 (ex. vat)