Avid introduced annual upgrade and support plans for Pro Tools and Pro Tools HD software earlier this year. These upgrade plans provide users with 12 months of free upgrades, support and a bonus collection of high-quality plug-ins whilst the plan is active.
HD customers can purchase an upgrade plan before 31st December 2015 for only £380.00 (ex. vat), giving access to the following:
- Entitlement to all Pro Tools upgrade releases for the year (remember Avid are scheduling more frequent feature releases with multiple updates throughout the year).
- Avid ExpertPlus support for the year including 24-hour direct phone support from Avid.
- Access to the bonus plug-in bundle for the duration of the upgrade plan.
From 1st January 2016, customers not on a plan will need to purchase or reinstate for a charge of £659.00 (ex. vat) - HD customers will save £279.00 (ex. vat) by purchasing this year.
- Customers will have until 15th February 2016 to activate their upgrade plans. Any stock purchased at the lower £380/€540/$599 price must be activated by this date.
- After the first year, customers can renew their plans annually for just £259.00 (ex. vat) per system - as long as they renew before their plan expires. At the end of their plan, customers who choose not to renew can remain on the last software version released under their upgrade plan. If they would like to reinstate their upgrade plan at a later date they can do so for £659.00 (ex. vat).
- It is important for customer to understand that their perpetual Pro Tools HD license will at no point expire, although their access to the bonus plug-in bundle will require an active upgrade plan.
- Customers will need a valid Pro Tools HD 9, 10 or 11 license or a CPTK and Pro Tools 9, 10 or 11 license to be eligible for the HD upgrade plan.
- Any customer who already has a Pro Tools HD 12 license will have an active upgrade plan. Customers can check their plan expiry date at any time by logging in to their Avid account.