MOTU have released 3 new high-end audio interfaces featuring hybrid Thunderbolt and USB connectivity along with AVB (Audio Video Bridge) technology for linking multiple units a creating an audio network.
The MOTU 1248 is MOTU's flagship model in their new range of Thunderbolt audio interfaces. The Motu 1248 features 66 audio channels: 4 mic inputs, 2 guitar inputs, 8 x 12 balanced analog with dedicated main and monitor outs, 2 x 8-channel ADAT optical, RCA S/PDIF (with SRC), and two independent phone outs for 32 inputs and 34 outputs.
View the MOTU 1248 on our web store.
The MOTU 8M is a features 8 high quality MOTU microphone pre-amplifiers, each with V-Limit protection to ensure clipping doesn't ruin your sound. Each of the MOTU 8M's combo inputs feature both balanced line-level and unbalanced instrument-level signal so you can connect a variety of different sound sources. 2 banks or ADAT increase the I/O to 24 tracks each way.
View the MOTU 8M on our web store.
The MOTU 16A offers 16 channels of balanced analogue I/O that deliver superb sound quality with a further 16 I/O available via ADAT optical ports. The MOTU 16A is compatible with both Mac and PC via high-speed USB 2.0 (USB 3.0 compatible) or Thunderbolt. The industry standard drivers and class-compliant firmware allows the MOTU 16A to work with any audio software.
View the MOTU 16A on our web store.1248, 8M and 16A Feature Summary
- Superb audio quality — For example, all balanced TRS analog outputs produce 123 dB dynamic range and -110 dB THD+N (0.0003%) at -1 dBFS, Unweighted, 1 kHz.
- Universal connectivity — Connects to your computer with Thunderbolt or high-speed USB 2.0 (compatible with USB 3.0). Class-compliant firmware and Industry standard drivers work with any audio software.
- On-board DSP with mixing and effects — Flexible 48-input digital mixer modeled after large format mixing consoles, with 12 stereo busses and DSP effects, including reverb, 4-band EQ, gate, and compression.
- 32-bit floating point processing — The DSP engine for mixing and effects delivers virtually unlimited headroom and the utmost in sound quality.
- Modeled vintage effects processing — Classic reverb. Compression modeled after the legendary LA-2A compressor. EQ modeled after British analog console EQs.
System expansion and audio networking — Add a 2nd MOTU AVB interface (1248, 8M or 16A) with a simple Cat-5e ethernet cable. Connect up to five MOTU interfaces using a MOTU AVB Switch (sold separately). Build a network with multiple interfaces and computers using standard AVB switches and network cabling, with ultra-low network latency, even over long cable runs (hundreds of meters). Stream hundreds of audio channels among devices and computers on the network.
- Matrix routing and splitting — Flexible, matrix-style audio routing and splitting for any analog or digital input, computer channel or network stream to any other output, computer, or network device. Split any single input to unlimited multiple output destinations.
- 256 channels of network audio I/O for your host computer — Record and monitor up to 128 networked audio channels in and out, simultaneously, through the Thunderbolt connection to a host computer.
- Web app control — Control on-board DSP, mixing, device settings, and network audio routing from web app software running in your favorite browser on a laptop, tablet or smart phone connected by wire or Wi-Fi to your local area network.
- Stand-alone mixing with wireless control — Connect an Apple Airport™ or other Wi-Fi router directly to the 1248, 8M or 16A with a standard Ethernet cable and control the powerful on-board mixing and DSP effects from your smart phone or tablet, without a computer. Great for live sound mixing.
- ADAT digital I/O — Connect outboard digital processors, digital mixers or other gear. 16 channels at 44.1/48 kHz or 8 channels at 88.2/96 kHz.
- Comprehensive metering — The large backlit 324 x 24 LCD lets you view all signal activity at a glance with detailed metering for all analog and digital I/O. Access hardware settings from a simple and convenient menu.