Neumann have announced the brand new KH 80 DSP monitor loudspeaker, which employs digital signal processing to ensure a new level of sound neutrality independent of the surroundings. The upcoming Neumann.Control app will automatically balance the speaker system.
Neumann have used the highest quality components, high-end protection systems and performance reserves on this studio class product. Its quality and design makes the KH 80 DSP a flexible near-field studio monitor, delivering professional-quality sound wherever you need it. It can be used in studios, editing rooms, outside broadcast trucks or living rooms. Neumann’s latest monitor delivers digital precision for a masterpiece of analogue technology: your ears.
With the KH 80 DSP Neumann have perfected low-distortion materials, optimised the drivers with years of experience and hand-selected every component. The DSP engine converts every sound to a reference quality in every environment – so no detail gets lost on the way.
Click image to expand
Neumann said, “It sounds so pure, because we are directing every soundwave so precisely. The KH 80 DSP’s design is based on computer simulations that calculate with an incredible accuracy. Our Mathematical Modeled Dispersion Waveguide (MMD™) provides our Studio Monitoring series with a solid base for precise sound direction. Doing your sums properly has never sounded so good.
It might be a project studio, an outside broadcast van, or just the corner of a building: The room defines the sound. Surfaces and corners in the room cause interference, diffraction, reflection, and refraction: all are forms of distortion. For a really true sound, you normally need expensive equipment plus plenty of time and expertise to align it correctly – or smart algorithms. Our DSP engine optimizes the sound output, delivering quality way above the price-tag. And you do not need to be an expert use it. The KH 80 DSP is ready for our upcoming software Neumann.Control – which will be available for tablets and computers starting from mid-2017 – allowing you to align and control the monitor with a swipe of your finger or the click of a mouse.”
Neumann KH80 DSP Features
- Powerful alloy fabric dome offers low-distortion high frequency reproduction
- Elliptical Mathematically Modelled Dispersion™ (MMD™) waveguide
- Two-colour + dimmable Neumann logo displays operation status and activation of the extensive protection system
- In-house modelled long-throw composite sandwich cone bass driver with Extremely Linear Force Factor™ (ELFF™)
- Robust metal grille
- Large front panel ports
- Standby function reduces power consumption when product is not in use
- Control function - use the back panel controls or the control set defined by the Neumann.Control software
- 4-position low-mid acoustical control compensates for nearby desktops
- Wide range input gain and output level controls offers easier interfacing with signal sources
- Mounting hardware options mean more flexibility in mounting cabinets in more diverse locations
- Double insulated universal switched-mode power supply (100 … 240 V)
- Network connector uses standard IP protocol and your existing network infrastructure
- Wide horizontal dispersion offers freedom of movement across the mixing console
- Narrow vertical dispersion reduces reflections off the mixing console
- One-piece front panel with no discontinuities offers reduced diffraction and smoother frequency response
- Powerful highly efficient amplifiers with large headroom offers improved transient response and low heat dissipation
- Separate thermo limiters for woofer and tweeter to protect the voice coils and power amplifiers
- Production consistency - any KH 80 DSP is “pair matched” to any other KH 80 DSP
View the Neumann KH80 DSP on our web store.