Blackmagic Design UltraStudio Pro
The Blackmagic Design UltraStudio Pro is a Broadcast quality SD/HD capture and playback solution for USB 3.0 computers. It uses the latest technology to ensure you have what you need for post-production. Its sleek design adds to the excellent features of this playback device. UltraStudio not only has a USB 3.0 interface which runs at 4.8 Gb/s, it also features more video and audio connections, high quality conversion (whether up, down or cross), full 10 bit video and internal SD keying.
Blackmagic Design has also fit the UltraStudio Pro with a large number of audio and video connections including SDI, HDMI, analogue component, composite, s-video, 4 channel analogue audio, 2 channel AES/EBU audio, genlock/ tri-sync and RS422 deck control connections. It also comes equipped with a broadcast quality breakout cable. The independent SDI output that is down converted for both HD and SD monitoring at the same time also adds to the specifications that mean that this is essential equipment for post production Broadcast.
Blackmagic Design UltraStudio Pro Specifications
- Form Factor: External Box
- Connection: USB 3.0
- SDI Inputs: 1 x 10 bit SD/HD switchable
- HDMI Input: 1 x HDMI type A connector
- Analogue Inputs: 1 x Component video on 3 BNCs. 1 x S-Video video on S-Video connector. 1 x Composite NTSC/PAL on 1 BNC.
- SDI Outputs: 1 x 10 bit SD/HD switchable 1 x 10 bit SD only, down converted or key
- HDMI Output: 1 x HDMI type A connector
- Analogue Outputs: 1 x Component video on 3 BNCs. 1 x S-Video video on S-Video connector. 1 x Composite NTSC/PAL on 1 BNC.
- Digital Audio: 2 Channels unbalanced with sample rate converter.
- SDI Inputs: 8 Channels embedded in SD and HD
- HDMI Inputs: 8 Channels embedded in SD and HD
- Analogue Inputs: 4 Channels of professional balanced analog audio via XLR connectors.
- Digital Audio: 2 Channels unbalanced. Analog outputs 3 and 4 can switch to AES/EBU outputs for audio 3 & 4 and 5 & 6 output. This provides a total of 6 AES/EBU output audio channels when using this feature.
- SDI Outputs: 8 Channels embedded in SD and HD.
- HDMI Outputs: 8 Channels embedded in SD and HD.
- Analogue Outputs: 4 Channels of professional balanced analog audio via XLR connectors. Channels 3 and 4 can switch to AES/EBU outputs.
- Device Control: Sony compatableRS422 deck control ports. Serial ports TxRx direction reversible under software control.
- Sync/Reference: Blackburst in SD, 720p50, 720p59.94, 1080i50 and 1080i59.94 formats or Tri-Sync in any HD format.
Formats and Standards Supported
- SD Format Support: 625/25 PAL, 525/29.97 NTSC and 525/23.98 NTSC and 480p.
- HD Format Support: 720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60, 1080PsF23.98, 1080p23.98, 1080PsF24, 1080p24, 1080PsF25, 1080p25, 1080PsF29.97, 1080p29.97, 1080PsF30, 1080p30, 1080i50, 1080i59.94, and 1080i60.
- Video Sampling: 4:2:2
- Up Conversion: Built-in, high quality hardware up conversion from SD to 720HD or 1080HD. Selectable between 4:3 pillarbox, 14:9 pillarbox and 16:9 zoom. HD outputs via HD-SDI and component analog.
- Down Conversion: Built-in, high quality hardware down converter always outputs to SD-SDI, composite and s-video when working in HD video formats. Component output can be switched between HD or SD. Selectable between letterbox, anamorphic 16:9 and center cut 4:3.
- Cross Conversion: Built-in, high quality hardware cross conversion from 720HD to 1080HD and 1080HD to 720HD.
- Warranty: 1 Year Limited Warranty
- System Requirements: Requires a computer with onboard USB 3.0 and a x58 series motherboard or a USB PCI express card. Does not support USB2.0 playback Compatable with Windows 7
- Included Software: Media Express Disk Speed Test Blackmagic Control Pannel Blackmagic Driver on Windows
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Blackmagic Design SKU SBLMULTRASTUDIOPRO Model Blackmagic Design UltraStudio Pro GTIN N/A