Blackmagic Design Smartview HD
The Blackmagic Design SmartView HD is a 17” LCD screen with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 in a compact 6 RU design that is only an inch thick. It supports SD, HD and 3 Gbps SDI video formats monitoring in full HD resolution and provides reclocking for looped through outputs, making it suitable for use in multi-monitor applications like post production, broadcast, and live events.
The included software for the Mac OS X and Windows helps to connect several SmartView HD studio monitors to the Ethernet so that settings can be made remotely through a single location to all the monitors. Thus color matching the numerous monitors in a large video-wall becomes hassle-free with the SmartView HD Studio Monitors.
The tally borders on the screen make it suitable for live broadcasting. Red, green and blue tally lights help to communicate additional information to the users, something more than a simple on-air status.
For the SDI formats that will be invented later on, firmware of the SmartView HD studio monitor can be updated via the Blackmagic Design website for free. The monitor supports video standards that are used in post production, like 1080 progressive HD rates and 2K SDI over 3 Gbps SDI video. As it automatically changes to a new format very quickly, all the video formats can be connected and changed when using this monitor.
Blackmagic Design Smartview HD Features
- Large 17" 1920 x 1080 resolution LCD display in a 6 RU size chassis, less than 1 inch thick
- SD, HD and 3 Gbps SDI video format monitoring in full HD resolution
- Reclocked looped output for centrally adjusting numerous monitors in a large video-wall setup
- Red, green and blue tally indications prove useful in live broadcasting
- Fully digital adjustments
- Built-in Ethernet for making remote adjustments from your Mac or Windows computer to all connected monitors or video wall etc
- Identify mode to help find the monitor being adjusted - highlighted by a white border
- Free firmware updates for new SDI formats via the Blackmagic Design website
- Supports video standards like 1080 progressive HD rates and 2K SDI over 3 Gbps SDI video, make it suitable for post production and camera monitoring for switchers
Blackmagic Design Smartview HD Specifications
- SDI Video Input: Automatically switches between SD, HD and 3G-SDI. Reclocked loop through output.
- Multi Rate Support: Auto detection of 2K, HD or standard definition inputs.
- Updates and Configuration: Via USB 2.0 high speed (480 Mb/s)
- Ethernet: 10/100 BaseT with loop through.
- Tally: 9-pin D connector
- SDI Compliance: SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 296M, SMPTE 372M and SMPTE 425M.
- SDI Color Space: REC 601, REC 709
- SDI Auto Switching: Automatically selects between SD, HD and 3 Gb/s SDI.
- Video Sampling: 4:2:2 and 4:4:4
- SDI Format Support: 525i59.94, 625i50, 720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60, 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60, 1080PsF23.98, 1080PsF24, 1080PsF25, 1080PsF29.97, 1080PsF30, 1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080p25, 1080p29.97,1080p30, 1080p50, 1080p59.94, 1080p60, 2048x1080p/23.98, 2048x1080p/24, 2048x1080p/25, 2048x1080PsF/23.98, 2048x1080PsF/24, 2048x1080PsF/25, 2048x1556PsF/23.98, 2048x1556PsF/24, 2048x1556PsF/25.
- Mac OS X 10.7 Lion or later, and Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion or later.
- Windows™ 7 and 8.
- Display Element: TFT Active Matrix LCD.
- Display Resolution: 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Response: < 12 ms
- Contrast Ratio: Typically 650:1
- Color Depth: 262,144 Colors
- Display Orientation: Displays can rotate upside down for optimum viewing angle.
- Power Supply: 12V universal power supply included with international socket adapters for all countries.
- Power Consumption: < 20 Watts
- Operational Voltage Range: 12V - 15V
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Blackmagic Design SKU SBLMHDLSMTVHD Model BMD-HDLSMTVHD GTIN NA