Blackmagic Design DeckLink 4K Extreme
The Blackmagic Design DeckLink 4K Extreme is a capture & playback PCIe card that features two SDI inputs supporting 6G and 3G capability, assignable in the Blackmagic Control Panel. With all the latest firmware updates installed, you can ingest DCI 4K, 4:2:2, or UHD 4K, YUV, 4:2:2 by single-link 6G-SDI. The second input shuts off in this setup. DCI 4K, 4:2:2 can also be ingested via the HDMI input with the latest firmware installed.
With 3G-SDI assigned, you can ingest single-link, 1080p, RGB, 4:4:4; and with HD-SDI assigned, you can ingest single-link 1080p, 4:2:2, or dual-link, 1080p, 4:4:4. You can also use the SDI inputs for dual-channel 2D/3D stereoscopic workflows.
The remaining connections include two SDI outputs, an HDMI output, and Component, Composite, S-Video, XLR, RS-422, and genlock on an included breakout cable. The card also features an internal SD/HD keyer and broadcast-quality up/down/cross conversion. DeckLink 4K Extreme is compatible with Mac, Windows, and Linux based workstations and media servers and supports a comprehensive list of software (please see below).
Blackmagic Design DeckLink 4K Extreme Features
- PCIe I/O card compatible with Mac, Windows, and Linux based workstations and servers
- DCI 4K, 4:2:2, or UHD 4K, YUV, 4:2:2 by single-link 6G-SDI
- DCI 4K, 4:2:2 by HDMI
- 1080p, RGB, 4:4:4 by single-link 3G-SDI
- 1080p, 4:2:2 by single-link HD-SDI
- 1080p, 4:4:4 by dual-link HD-SDI
- Dual-channel 2D/3D stereoscopic by SDI
- Component, Composite, S-Video, XLR, RS-422, and genlock on an included breakout cable
- Internal SD/HD keyer
- Broadcast-quality up/down/cross conversion
Mac OS X Support
Drivers are available that work with software such as Avid Media Composer, Apple Final Cut Pro X, Apple Final Cut Pro 7, Adobe Premiere Pro, Avid Symphony, and Avid News Cutter. For visual effects, DeckLink 4K Extreme supports full compatibility with Adobe After Effects, The Foundry Nuke, and Adobe Photoshop. For audio, it supports ProTools, Steinberg Nuendo, and Cubase. And for streaming, you can use Flash Media Encoder, Wirecast, or Livestream Procaster.
DeckLink 4K Extreme is an open standard capture card and is perfect for the development of Linux based video applications. The availability of a free, well documented SDK facilitates developing specific solutions to meet your needs or to work with solutions developed by others. A free download of Blackmagic Design Media Express is available for capture and playback when using DeckLink 4K Extreme with Linux operating systems.
In use with a Windows system, you get access to vast range of software because DeckLink 4K Extreme supports WDM, DirectShow, and QuickTime. For editing, you can use Avid Media Composer, Avid News Cutter, Adobe Premiere Pro, Sony Vegas Pro, Corel VideoStudio, CyberLink Power Director, and MAGIX Video Pro. For visual effects, the card is compatible with After Effects, The Foundry Nuke, Adobe After Effects, and Adobe Photoshop. The list of supported audio software includes Steinberg Nuendo and Cubase. And for streaming, you can use Flash Media Encoder, Xsplit Broadcaster, Wirecast, and Livestream Procaster.
Blackmagic Design DeckLink 4K Extreme Specifications
- SDI Video Input: 2 x 10-bit SD/HD/2K/4K and 2D/3D switchable. Supports 3 Gb/s and 6 Gb/s single link 4:2:2/4:4:4 and dual link 4:2:2/4:4:4.
- SDI Video Output: 2 x 10-bit SD/HD/2K/4K and 2D/3D switchable. Supports 3 Gb/s and 6Gb/s single link 4:2:2/4:4:4 and dual link 4:2:2/4:4:4.
- Analog Video Input: 1 x Component YUV on 3 BNCs switchable to S-Video or Composite. Component supports HD and SD.
- Analog Video Output: 1 x Component YUV on 3 BNCs switchable to S-Video and Composite. Component supports HD and SD.
- HDMI Video Input: 1 x HDMI type A connector including 3D frame packing support and Ultra HD 4K support.
- HDMI Video Output: 1 x HDMI type A connector including 3D frame packing and 4K monitoring support.
- Analog Audio Input: 2 Channels of professional balanced analog audio via XLR connectors.
- Analog Audio Output: 2 Channels of professional balanced analog audio via XLR connectors.
- AES/EBU Audio Input: 2 Channels unbalanced with sample rate converter.
- AES/EBU Audio Output: 2 Channels unbalanced.
- SDI Audio Input: 16 Channels embedded in HD/2K/4K. 8 Channels embedded in SD.
- SDI Audio Output:
- 16 Channels embedded in HD/2K/4K.
- 8 Channels embedded in SD.
- HDMI Audio Input: 8 Channels embedded in SD and HD.
- HDMI Audio Output: 8 Channels embedded in SD and HD.
- Sync Input: Blackburst in SD, 720p50, 720p59.94, 1080i50 and 1080i59.94 formats or Tri-Sync in any HD or 2K format.
- Device Control: Sony™ compatible RS422 deck control ports. Serial ports TxRx direction reversible under software control.
- Computer Interface: PCI Express 4 lane generation 2, compatible with 4, 8 and 16 lane PCIe
- Canon XF MPEG2
- Digital SLR, DV-NTSC
- XDCAM EX
- XDCAM HD
- XDCAM HD422
- Apple ProRes 4444
- Apple ProRes 422 (HQ)
- Apple ProRes 422
- Apple ProRes (LT)
- Apple ProRes 422 (Proxy)
- Uncompressed 8-bit 4:2:2
- Uncompressed 10-bit 4:2:2
- Uncompressed 10 bit 4:4:4.
- Apple Final Cut Pro X
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Avid Media Composer
- Adobe After Effects
- Nuke - The Foundry
- DaVinci Resolve
- Avid Pro Tools
- Steinberg Cubase
- Autodesk Smoke
- Adobe Photoshop
- Other supported applications include: Steinberg Nuendo, Avid Symphony, Avid News Cutter, Tools On Air just:in & live:cut & just:play & just:live, Softron OnTheAir, MovieRecorder and OnTheAir CG, Flash Media Encoder, Wirecast, Livestream Procaster, Resolume Avenue 4, Sony Vegas Pro, Corel VideoStudio Pro X4, CyberLink Power Director, MAGIX Video Pro X4, Vidcaster Pro & Studio & Broadcast, Uniplay, Playbox AirBox, CasparCG, Magicsoft CG, Xsplit Broadcaster, Harris Infocaster.
- SD Format Support: 625/25 PAL, 525/29.97 NTSC and 525/23.98 NTSC.
- HD Format Support: 720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60, 1080PsF23.98, 1080p23.98, 1080PsF24, 1080p24, 1080PsF25, 1080p25, 1080PsF29.97, 1080p29.97, 1080PsF30, 1080p30, 1080i50, 1080p50, 1080i59.94, 1080p59.94, 1080i60, and 1080p60.
- 2K Format Support: 2048 x 1556PsF23.98, 2048 x 1556PsF24, 2048 x 1556PsF25, 2048 x 1556p23.98, 2048 x 1556p24 and 2048 x 1556p25.
- 4K Format Support: 3840x2160p23.98, 3840x2160p24, 3840x2160p25, 3840x2160p29.97, 3840x2160p30, 4096x2160p23.98, 4096x2160p24, 4096x2160p25, 4096x2160p29.97.
- SDI Compliance: SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 372M, ITU-R BT.656 and ITU-R BT.601.
- SDI Metadata Support: VITC read for 3:2 pulldown removal. VANC capture and playback using up to 3 lines of video in file. HD RP188. Closed captioning.
- Audio Sampling: Television standard sample rate of 48 kHz at 24 bit.
- Video Sampling: 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 (4K is 4:2:2)
- Color Precision: 10-bit
- Color Space: REC 601, REC 709
- HDMI Configuration: HDMI automatically configures to connected display.
- HDMI Resolution: Pixel for pixel up to 4K resolutions.
- HDMI Color Precision: 10-bit
- Multiple Rate support: HDMI and SDI video connections are switchable between SD/HD/2K and 4K. Component analog video connections are switchable between SD and HD.
- Copy Protection: HDMI input is unable to capture from copy protected HDMI sources. Always confirm copyright ownership before capture or distribution of content.
- Colorspace Conversion: Hardware based real time.
- 3D Processing: Dual stream and frame packed capture & playback.
- HD Down Conversion: Built in, high quality hardware down converter outputs HD-SDI on SDI A output, SD-SDI on SDI B output and Composite and S-Video when working in HD video formats on playback. Switch analog video to Component and choose HD or SD output. Selectable between letterbox, anamorphic 16:9 and center cut 4:3 styles.
- HD Up Conversion: Built in, high quality hardware up conversion from SD to 720HD or 1080HD on playback. Selectable between 4:3 pillarbox, 14:9 pillarbox and 16:9 zoom. HD outputs via HD-SDI, HDMI and component analog.
- Cross Conversion: Built-in, high quality hardware cross conversion from 720HD to 1080HD and 1080HD to 720HD on playback.
- Real Time Effects: Apple Final Cut Pro™ internal effects. Adobe® Premiere Pro® Mercury Playback Engine effects. Avid Media Composer™ internal effects. DaVinci Resolve.
- Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks or later.
- Windows 7 or Windows 8.
Warranty: 3 Year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty.
|Model||Blackmagic Design DeckLink 4K Extreme|