Blackmagic Design Battery Operated Mini Converter SDI to HDMI
The Blackmagic Design SDI to HDMI Battery Converter converts an SDI input to an HDMI output and additionally features an SDI loop-through output. The HDMI output automatically matches and outputs in the quality of the SDI input, whether HD or SD; whatever comes in is what automatically goes out. Both the HDMI and SDI connections support up to 1080p60 HD, which on the SDI side is equivalent to 3G. The converter also supports embedded audio on both the in and outs.
Converting to HDMI lets you connect SDI camera outputs to HDMI monitors on location. And the SDI loop-through allows connection to further SDI equipment.
Power is by a built-in lithium-ion polymer rechargeable battery that allows on location work without external power, and an AC power supply is additionally also included.
Built-in Battery Power
The built-in lithium-ion polymer battery provides more than two hours of charge and, when you need to, you can power or recharge the unit easily from any 12V source. An LED indicates the battery charge level. The battery can be recharged while the converter is in use, so you can work continuously when connected to a power source. You get a DC power supply that includes adapters for international power sockets.
Latest SDI Technology
Battery Converters feature the latest 3 Gb/s SDI technology with low jitter so you can use long SDI cable lengths and maintain perfect video quality. Automatic detection of SD/HD video formats means you don’t have to waste time reconfiguring your converter, even if you change the input signal. Both Battery Converter models support embedded SDI and HDMI audio so you get perfect digital video and digital audio quality.
Super Tough Design
The compact design fits into the palm of your hand, yet is strong enough to be run over by a truck and keep working! Each Battery Converter is machined from aircraft grade aluminum and, like Mini Converter Heavy Duty models, features scratch resistant laser etched labeling and non slip rubber feet. Battery Converters pack an enormous number of features and the highest 3 Gb/s SDI technology into a tiny design that fits easily into any camera bag!
Blackmagic Battery Converter SDI to HDMI Specifications
- SDI Video Input: Switchable between SD, HD and 3 Gb/s SDI
- SDI Video Output: 1x SD/HD-SDI loop output
- HDMI: HDMI type A out
- Multi Rate Support: Auto detection of HD or standard definition SDI inputs.
- Software Updates: Via USB 2.0 high speed. (480 Mb/s)
- SD Format Support: 525/29.97 NTSC, 625/25 PAL
- HD Format Support: 720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60, 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60, 1080p23.98, 1080PsF23.98, 1080p24, 1080PsF24, 1080p25, 1080p29.97, 1080p30, 1080p50, 1080p59.94, 1080p60
- SDI Compliance: SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 296M, ITU-R BT.656 and ITU-R BT.601.
- SDI Video Rates: SDI video connections are switchable between standard definition and high definition.
- SDI Video Sampling: 4:2:2
- SDI Audio Sampling: Television standard sample rate of 48 kHz and 24 bit.
- SDI Color Precision: 4:2:2
- SDI Color Space: YUV
- SDI Auto Switching: Automatically selects between SD SDI, HD-SDI and 3 Gb/s SDI.
- HDMI Format Support: 525/29.97 NTSC, 625/25 PAL, 720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60, 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60, 1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080p25, 1080p29.97, 1080p30, 1080p50, 1080p59.94 and 1080p60.
- HDMI Color Space: YUV and RGB
- HDMI Color Precision: 4:2:2
- Copy Protection: None
- Video Lock Indicator: LED indicates input video signal lock
- Internal Software Upgrade: Via included software updater application.
- Power Supply: Integrated Lithium-ion Polymer rechargeable battery. 12V-31V DC port for external battery power or use included 12V AC adapter with international socket adapters for all countries. Cable tie point.
- Battery Information: Over 2 hours battery life. Battery charge indicator with On/Off switch to preserve battery life.
- Power Consumption: Typically 2.2 Watts
- Operational Voltage Range: 12 - 31 Vdc
- Product Warranty: 12 Months Limited Manufacturer's Warranty.
|Model||Blackmagic Design Battery Converter SDI to HDMI|