Blackmagic Design Audio Monitor
Blackmagic Design Audio Monitor provides the finest quality audio monitoring in an incredibly small one rack unit size. Featuring a dual subwoofer design with extra wide range speakers for amazing audio, all backed by a super powerful class A/B amplifier. This precision audio and video monitoring solution includes an advanced 6G-SDI input, as well as balanced XLR analog audio, balanced AES/EBU digital audio and consumer level HiFi audio inputs. The elegant front panel has bright multi- colored audio level meters and a built in LCD for monitoring video sources, plus you get an HDMI 4K output for monitoring on larger screens.
It’s never been easier to put the highest quality audio and video monitoring everywhere you need it. Install Blackmagic Audio Monitor in broadcast racks for monitoring audio on decks, video servers and live transmissions. At the push of a button you can switch between stereo pairs of the SDI input, great for monitoring alternative language tracks. The compact size is perfect for portable flyaway kits and broadcast trucks where space is tight, or in edit and audio post production facilities where precise audio quality is essential.
Crystal clear audio with a dual subwoofer design
The Blackmagic Audio Monitor has been designed using the latest advanced audio analysis technology to create a wide and smooth frequency response curve with crisp highs and powerful deep bass. You get great sounding music, extremely clear voice tracks and all the detail of effects tracks. Blackmagic Audio Monitor is powerful and loud enough to hear your audio in noisy environments, such as broadcast equipment rooms that have a lot of cooling fan noise.
Precision Metering Know your audio levels at all times
The two big bright audio level meters on the front panel feature multi colored RGB LEDs under each segment of the VU scale. You can select between VU or PPM scale and extra scales can be added in future software updates. With lots of meter segments you can monitor a very wide dynamic range, from -45 to +3 decibels. The bright audio level meters are always clear enough to read no matter if you are working in bright or dark environments.
Machined Metal Design - Milled from solid aluminum for sound free of vibrations
The machined metal design is attractive as well as extremely strong, which means you get a robust chassis that's vital for better quality sound without rattles and vibrations. The elegant front panel features audio level meters, LCD video monitor and a reliable contact-less volume control, so you never get deterioration and crackling in the audio when adjusted. To select audio pairs, left and right solo, mute and input, there is a built in illuminated keypad and for private monitoring there is a built in headphone socket.
Advanced Ultra HD
Blackmagic Audio Monitor supports all common SD and HD video resolutions. The 6G-SDI input and HDMI 4K output also supports high resolution Ultra HD 4K. The advanced technology of 6G-SDI is 4 times faster than standard HD-SDI and means you can work at a resolution that’s 4 times bigger than 1080HD. You can connect to Ultra HD TVs and projectors with HDMI 4K and you can monitor any of the 16 audio channels on the 6G-SDI input.
Both Audio and Video Connections
Blackmagic Audio Monitor has all the audio and video connections you need to make it the perfect monitoring solution in any environment. With balanced analog XLR audio, balanced AES/EBU audio and consumer level HiFi audio inputs it’s easy to connect any audio source. You can select between inputs quickly using the input button situated on the front panel. The 6G-SDI video input and HDMI 4K video output both support embedded audio and let you connect to the latest high resolution video technology.
Use a Big Screen TV for Monitoring
When you're working with SDI video input you can use the Blackmagic Audio Monitor to convert from SDI to HDMI for monitoring with big screen televisions or video projectors. Blackmagic Audio Monitor automatically switches between SD and HD and even Ultra HD 4K. You can monitor in high resolution Ultra HD 4K using the HDMI 4K output with only a single HDMI cable or you can connect a regular HDTV and use the unit’s built in Ultra HD 4K to HD down conversion.
Dolby Decoding - Digital and 5.1 Surround
Dolby sound is common in broadcast, film, web streaming and other productions, and the Blackmagic Audio Monitor features a Dolby slot so you can add a Dolby decoder module whenever you need. The Dolby decoder supports Dolby Digital and AC-3 decoding for 5.1 surround sound monitoring from either the 6G-SDI video input or the AES/EBU audio input. To monitor different channels in the decoded 5.1 surround sound source, you can select these easily using the push button controls on the front panel.
Blackmagic Design Audio Monitor Specifications
- SDI Video Input: 1 x 10-bit SD/HD/UltraHD 4K. Supports 3G-SDI single link 4:2:2/4:4:4 and 6G-SDI single link 4:2:2.
- Multi Rate Support: SDI and HDMI are switchable between standard definition and high definition.
- SDI Video Loop: 1 x reclocked 10-bit SD/HD/3G-SDI and 6G-SDI switchable.
- HDMI Video Output: 1 x HDMI type A connector.
- Analog Audio Input: 2 channels balanced analog low impedance line level via XLR connectors or 2 channel unbalanced analog line level via RCA connectors.
- Analog Audio Output: 1/4" TRS headphone socket.
- AES/EBU Audio Input: 2 channels balanced 110Ω AES/EBU via XLR.
- SDI Audio Input: 16 channels embedded in SD, HD and UltraHD 4K.
- SDI Audio Output: 16 channels embedded audio loop out.
- HDMI Audio Output: 8 Channels embedded in SD, HD and 4K.
- Metering: 2 x 27 RGB segment LED VU meters.
- Modes: Pushbutton interface allows for input selection, channel selection, independent left and right audio, mute and volume control with scroll wheel.
- Display Element: 2.1" diagonal color LCD.
- Display Resolution: 320 x 240.
- Input Display: SDI video, format, audio type, audio channels and volume level.
- SD Format Support: 625/25 PAL, 525/29.97 NTSC and 525/23.98 NTSC.
- HD Format Support: 720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60, 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60, 1080PsF23.98,1080PsF24, 1080PsF25, 1080PsF29.97, 1080PsF30, 1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080p25, 1080p29.97,1080p30, 1080p50, 1080p59.94, 1080p60, 2048x1080p/23.98, 2048x1080p/24, 2048x1080p/25,2048x1080PsF/23.98, 2048x1080PsF/24, 2048x1080PsF/25, 2048x1556PsF/23.98, 2048x1556PsF/24, 2048x1556PsF/25.
- 4K Format Support: 3840x2160p23.98, 3840x2160p24, 3840x2160p25, 3840x2160p29.97, 3840x2160p30.
- SDI Compliance: SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 372M, ITU-R BT.656 and ITU-R BT.601.
- SDI Auto Switching: Automatically selects between SD, HD, 3G-SDI and 6G-SDI.
- Audio Sampling: 96 kHz and 24 bit.
- Video Sampling: 4:2:2 and 4:4:4
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Blackmagic Design SKU SBLMHDLAUDMON1RU Model BMD-HDLAUDMON1RU GTIN NA