Bel MA64 - 1U MADI to AES3 and AES3id Coverter
The Bel MA64 is a comprehensively featured 1U MADI to AES audio converter designed for broadcast, production, live sound and install applications.
Both fibre and coaxial MADI inputs are catered for (selectable from the front panel), and the MA64 can be specified to operate with either multi-mode or single-mode fibre.
MA64 is fully compatible with 96 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 48 kHz and 44.1 kHz sample rates and in addition to this, it is compatible with both the legacy SMUX and High Speed MADI protocols.
A unique feature of the MA64 is that it makes 32 pairs (64 channels) of balanced AES/EBU and 32 pairs of unbalanced AES3-id outputs simultaneously available for interconnection to audio consoles, routers or any other AES equipped devices.
Comprehensive synchronization options (including wordclock, video, AES and MADI) are provided to enable easy integration into any facility; whilst further professional features, including Dolby® transparency and derived sync outputs ensure that the MA64 provides a space-efficient and reliable solution to MADI conversion in any situation.
Sample rate converters across all 64 channels allow the MA64 to be integrated into any system that receives external MADI sources - where the requirement to synchronise the incoming feed to a local house clock is essential.
Installation into any system is impressively fast and exceptionally easy to do. Simply choose your MADI input source, select your sync source and the outputs (all 128 of them) are there.
The MA64 can be used ‘in-line’, hence it provides both coaxial and optical MADI loop-through outputs.
Bel MA64 Features:
- MADI to AES/EBU and AES3-id interface
- Optical and coaxial MADI input with optical and coaxial loop-through
- MADI conversion - optical to coaxial and coaxial to optical
- Up to 96 kHz operation
- Supports both SMUX and High Speed MADI protocols
- Simultaneous 32 x AES/EBU and AES3-id pair outputs
- Format conversion of up to 64 audio channels
- Comprehensive synchronisation options
- Derived wordclock and AES outputs
- Dolby® E and Dolby Digital compliant
- Redundant PSU as standard
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Bel SKU SBELMA64 Model Bel MA64 - 1U MADI to AES3 and AES3id Coverter GTIN N/A