This Avid Pro Tools HD Native System includes a HD Native Thunderbolt interface, a Pro Tools HD I/O 8x8x8 interface, Pro Tools HD Software, 12-foot DigiLink Mini cable and an iLok. The HD Native Thunderbolt interface requires a Thunderbolt equipped system.
What is Pro Tools|HD Native?
ProTools|HD Native is a new generation of Pro Tools|HD system that enables you to compose, record, edit, and mix music and/or sound for picture—with great speed and ease. Consisting of an HD Native Thunderbolt interface, Pro Tools HD software, and Pro Tools HD Series interface, Pro Tools|HD Native harnesses the power of your Mac or PC to deliver pristine sound, incredible performance, and the lowest latency of any host-based DAW.
Pro Tools HD Native Specs
- Voices: 256
- Audio tracks: 256/128/64
- Latency: 1.7 ms
- Instrument tracks: 128
- MIDI tracks: 512
- Aux tracks: 512
- Busses: 256
- Channels of I/O: 64
- Automatic Delay Compensation (ADC): 16,383 samples
- Processing depth: 32-bit floating point
- Mixer depth: 64-bit floating point
Experience high performance and reliability
Whether you’re tracking multiple inputs or mixing hundreds of tracks, Pro Tools|HD Native tightly integrates with your computer’s CPU to keep up with your project’s highest demands—without compromise. Choose the HD Native card if you have a PCIe-equipped Mac or PC.
Capture and play back with the highest quality conversion
Get pristine audio fidelity and clarity when you record and play back through a Pro Tools HD Series interface. These critically-acclaimed interfaces offer state-of-the-art A/D and D/A conversion, premium analog circuitry, high-quality/low-noise I/O, and meticulous designs to capture and reproduce the full, natural sound of your original source, so you hear all of the character and nuances that make it unique.
Get higher resolution sound and mix with more headroom
With Pro Tools|HD Native, you can create great sounding, studio-quality productions at up to 32-bit, 192 kHz audio resolution. And with 64-bit floating-point processing, you gain more headroom for your mix, enabling you to flex your creativity and maintain audio clarity—without fear of overloading the mix bus. So go ahead and pile on the plug-ins to get the sound you really want.
Hear what you’ve been missing—without distracting latency
What happens when you combine best-in-class audio conversion with a high-speed Thunderbolt or PCIe throughput? You get a high-performance system that can handle whatever you throw at it, and the lowest possible latency for your sessions. That means you can monitor your performance in sync with the playback for easier, worry-free recording.
Everything you need for professional music and audio production
With Pro Tools HD software included, you can compose, record, edit, sequence, and mix music and sound for picture with great speed and ease. Create complex compositions with the integrated Score Editor and MIDI production tools. Track sessions with extremely low latency. And gain inspiration and professional polish from over 75 included effects and virtual instruments.
Expand your capabilities
With Pro Tools|HD Native, you gain the flexibility to customize your system for your needs now and in the future. Mix and match HD Series interfaces to work with up to 64 channels of I/O. Add sync capabilities for working with video. Take hands-on control of your mix with an Avid Pro Mixing console or control surface. And expand your sonic palette with a wide range of AAX and RTAS/AudioSuite plug-ins, virtual instruments, and software options available from Avid and other third-party audio developers.
Open up your workflow
Use the included Pro Tools HD software and you’ll maximize your productivity, efficiency, and creative potential, as well as gain unparalleled performance and control of Avid audio and video interfaces, control surfaces, and live sound systems. But you can also use your Pro Tools|HD Native hardware with other Core Audio- and ASIO-compatible DAW software such as Logic, Nuendo, Live, Cubase, Reason, and Fruity Loops—with support for 64 channels of I/O—opening up even more creative avenues.
Avid Pro Tools HD I/O 8x8x8
Avid Pro Tools HD I/O 8x8x8 is a Pro Tools HD series audio interface featuring 8 channels of analog I/O, 8+2 channels of ADAT I/O, 8+2 channels of AES/EBU I/O, 8 Channels of TDIF I/O, Word Clock, SPDIF.
High-quality analog I/O:
- 8 analog inputs (using DB25)
- 8 analog outputs (using DB25)
Versatile digital I/O:
- 8 channels of AES/EBU I/O (supports 192 kHz single-wire and dual-wire)
- 8 channels of TDIF I/O
- 8 channels of ADAT I/O (supports S/MUX II and IV)
Additional digital I/O:
- 2 channels of AES/EBU I/O (supports 192 kHz singlewire)
- 2 channels of S/PDIF I/O
- 8 channels of ADAT I/O (supports S/MUX II and IV)
HD I/O is a high-performance Pro Tools HD Series audio interface that’s designed to completely integrate with Pro Tools|HD systems. The interface features premium A/D and D/A conversion and advanced circuitry, giving you pristine sound quality and clarity and the lowest possible latency. Plus, with three configurations to choose from and a modular design, you can expand and customize the interface for your connection needs.
A sonic improvement over its audio interface predecessors, HD I/O features premium A/D and D/A conversion, so you can achieve higher audio fidelity, extensive dynamic range, super-low jitter, and the absolute lowest possible latency in your sessions. With certain configurations, you also get built-in sample rate conversion and a soft clip feature for worry-free recording. And using Curv, a new built-in soft-knee limiter that catches even the fastest transients, you can track hotter signals and smooth out inconsistent levels from incoming sources.
HD I/O and all other Pro Tools, HD Series interfaces completely integrate with Pro Tools|HD, so you get maximum performance, dependability, and control of your inputs, outputs, and routing right from your Pro Tools software interface. You'll also get higher production quality and greater workflow flexibility than with previous Pro Tools interfaces. And if you want to use your interface with Pro Tools| HD and other DAW software, you can do that too, as all Pro Tools|HD systems support Core Audio and ASIO drivers.
Avid Pro Tools HD I/O 8x8x8 Features
- Pristine audio clarity and ultra low latency through state-of-the- art A/D and D/A conversion, premium analog circuitry, and meticulous attention to design
- Versatile digital I/O on all interfaces, with built-in sample rate conversion
- Customize the I/O with analog or digital option cards
- Completely integrates with Pro Tools|HD family system for full input, output, and routing control
- Track hotter signals and smooth out sounds with Curv, a new built-in soft-knee limiter
- Keep things in sync with dedicated Word Clock and Loop Sync I/O
- Keep an eye on your levels easily through 32 4-segment metering LEDs
- Expand or customize the I/O with analog or digital option cards
- Robust 2U rack-mountable chassis
- Connects to Pro Tools|HD family system through a DigiLink Mini connection (cable and adaptor included)
Avid Pro Tools HD I/O 16x16 Analog Specifications
- Analog inputs: 8
- Analog outputs: 8
- AES/EBU I/O: 8+2
- AES single-wire (192 kHz): Yes
- S/PDIF I/O: 1 In + 1 Out (coax or optical)
- ADAT I/O: 8+8
- S/MUX: S/MUX II and IV
- SRC: 8 channels (digital card)
- Word Clock I/O: 1 In + 1 Out
- Loop Sync I/O: 1 In + 1 Out
- Digital interface: DigiLink Mini
- Dynamic range ADC: 122 dB
- Dynamic range DAC: 125 dB
- THD+N ADC: -114 dB (0.0002%)
- THD+N DAC: -110 dB (0.00032%)
- Frequency response ADC: 20 Hz – 20 kHz N/A (+/-.03 dB)
- Frequency response DAC: 20 Hz – 20 kHz N/A (+/-.15 dB)
- Expansion: 1 empty bay
- Curv: Yes
- Soft clip: Yes
- Cal trims: Yes
- Metering: 32 4-segment LEDs
- Internal fan: Yes
- Chassis: 2U rack-mountable
|Model||Avid Pro Tools HD Native Thunderbolt 8x8x8|