Avid Pro Tools HDX2 core system plus 8x8x8 interface bundle
This Avid Pro Tools HDX2 System includes 2 HDX Core cards, a Pro Tools HD I/O 8x8x8 Analog and Digital interface, Pro Tools HD Software, 12-foot DigiLink Mini cable and an iLok.
Avid Pro Tools HDX
Pro Tools HDX is the new generation of Pro Tools HD, providing more power, higher audio quality, and easier ways to record, edit, and mix the most demanding productions. Get more tracks, more headroom, and up to 5x more dedicated DSP power to tackle even the most massive music and post-production projects with the confidence that comes with guaranteed performance.
Mix bigger, better projects
With Pro Tools|HDX, you get up to 5x more power per card than Pro Tools|HD Accel, so you can focus on your mix—not your mixer—and do much more with less. Compare systems.
- Create bigger, more complex mixes with 4x more tracks (up to 768 voices)
- Double your ins and outs with up to 64 channels of I/O per card (up to 192 total)
- Handle large plug-in-heavy mixes easily with 4x more Automatic Delay Compensation
Get more headroom—less headaches
Pro Tools|HDX uses floating-point calculations for plug-in processing and mixing, enabling you to achieve the best sound quality possible, with the least effort.
- Record and mix in higher resolution (up to 32-bit, 192 kHz audio) and significantly greater dynamic range
- Let your mixes breathe with increased headroom, and eliminate clipping and obsessive gain staging
- Improve workflow and sonic parity between DSP-accelerated and native-based Pro Tools systems with the new AAX plug-in platform
The fastest workflows—yours
Pro Tools|HDX tightly integrates with Pro Tools HD software and your Mac or PC, giving you optimized performance from creation to completion.
- Get a highly responsive feel—even in your most complex projects—with RAM-cached record/playback and real-time fades (Watch Disk Cache Part 1 and Part 2 )
- Keep the channel routing in complex sessions in check easily with bus interrogation
- Work faster with pro-level tools, including Clip Gain (Watch the video ), advanced audio editing and automation, surround sound, and more
- Accelerate your recording, editing, and mixing with Avid Pro Mixing consoles, which offer unprecedented hands-on control
- Share even more with Media Composer and other AAF-compatible software with support for multichannel tracks, Clip Gain, and a 24-hour timeline
It's all about the sound
There’s a reason why more professionals trust the sound of Pro Tools than with any other DAW. Now you can get even higher fidelity audio with Pro Tools|HDX.
- Get better audio clarity and detail than ever before combining Pro Tools|HDX with any Pro Tools HD Series audio interface
- Compose music and polish mixes with over 75 high-quality virtual instruments, effects, and sound processing plug-ins
- Get the renowned sound of the coveted Avid System 5 console with the Avid Channel Strip plug-in
The versatility you need—now and in the future
As your needs or business grows, you can easily scale Pro Tools|HDX to handle whatever comes your way, and take advantage of unique features and workflows.
- Gain more tracks and power by simply adding another Pro Tools|HDX card to your system
- Mix and match Pro Tools HD Series interfaces to meet your needs, or use Pro Tools HD software standalone for on-the-go mixing
- Collaborate with Media Composer editors through AAF sharing or Satellite technology options
Attain the highest sound quality and performance
Because Pro Tools HD is designed and optimized to be part of an integrated hardware/software solution, you can capture audio in pristine clarity with near-zero latency. Even when mixing large, complex projects, you’ll experience uncompromised performance—on a Pro Tools|HDX DSPpowered system or on the host with Pro Tools|HD Native.
Record and edit with advanced audio tools
Solo tracks in PFL (pre-fader listen) or AFL (after-fader listen) mode. Work more efficiently when punching performances with TrackPunch and DestructivePunch. And enhance and speed up editing tasks with Continuous Scrolling, Scrub Trim tool, Replace Clip command, Time Compression and Expansion Edit to Timeline Selection command, field recorder workflows, and more.
Work more easily with video
Edit and mix sound for larger, more complex video productions, and display up to 64 video tracks in the timeline. Expand your post capabilities with advanced video features, including multiple video playlists and basic video editing tools. Share audio mixes with Media Composer editors (and vice versa) through AAF. Or integrate directly into the Media Composer workflow with the Video Satellite option, eliminating the need to render effects, transcode video, or copy files.
Mix in stereo or surround
With Pro Tools HD, you can mix in everything from mono up to 7.1 surround sound. Build up your sonic landscape and add movement to your mix with the built-in surround panner. Work with groups of tracks faster and easier with VCA Group mixing. And with advanced automation tools, you can tackle even the largest, most complex mixes with ease.
Avid Pro Tools HD I/O 8x8x8
Avid Pro Tools HD I/O 8x8x8 is a Pro Tools HD series audio interface featuring 8 channels of analog I/O, 8+2 channels of ADAT I/O, 8+2 channels of AES/EBU I/O, 8 Channels of TDIF I/O, Word Clock, SPDIF.
High-quality analog I/O:
- 8 analog inputs (using DB25)
- 8 analog outputs (using DB25)
Versatile digital I/O:
- 8 channels of AES/EBU I/O (supports 192 kHz single-wire and dual-wire)
- 8 channels of TDIF I/O
- 8 channels of ADAT I/O (supports S/MUX II and IV)
Additional digital I/O:
- 2 channels of AES/EBU I/O (supports 192 kHz singlewire)
- 2 channels of S/PDIF I/O
- 8 channels of ADAT I/O (supports S/MUX II and IV)
HD I/O is a high-performance Pro Tools HD Series audio interface that’s designed to completely integrate with Pro Tools|HD systems. The interface features premium A/D and D/A conversion and advanced circuitry, giving you pristine sound quality and clarity and the lowest possible latency. Plus, with three configurations to choose from and a modular design, you can expand and customize the interface for your connection needs.
A sonic improvement over its audio interface predecessors, HD I/O features premium A/D and D/A conversion, so you can achieve higher audio fidelity, extensive dynamic range, super-low jitter, and the absolute lowest possible latency in your sessions. With certain configurations, you also get built-in sample rate conversion and a soft clip feature for worry-free recording. And using Curv, a new built-in soft-knee limiter that catches even the fastest transients, you can track hotter signals and smooth out inconsistent levels from incoming sources.
HD I/O and all other Pro Tools, HD Series interfaces completely integrate with Pro Tools|HD, so you get maximum performance, dependability, and control of your inputs, outputs, and routing right from your Pro Tools software interface. You'll also get higher production quality and greater workflow flexibility than with previous Pro Tools interfaces. And if you want to use your interface with Pro Tools| HD and other DAW software, you can do that too, as all Pro Tools|HD systems support Core Audio and ASIO drivers.
Avid Pro Tools HD I/O 8x8x8 Features
- Pristine audio clarity and ultra low latency through state-of-the- art A/D and D/A conversion, premium analog circuitry, and meticulous attention to design
- Versatile digital I/O on all interfaces, with built-in sample rate conversion
- Customize the I/O with analog or digital option cards
- Completely integrates with Pro Tools|HD family system for full input, output, and routing control
- Track hotter signals and smooth out sounds with Curv, a new built-in soft-knee limiter
- Keep things in sync with dedicated Word Clock and Loop Sync I/O
- Keep an eye on your levels easily through 32 4-segment metering LEDs
- Expand or customize the I/O with analog or digital option cards
- Robust 2U rack-mountable chassis
- Connects to Pro Tools|HD family system through a DigiLink Mini connection (cable and adaptor included)
Avid Pro Tools HD I/O 16x16 Analog Specifications
- Analog inputs: 8
- Analog outputs: 8
- AES/EBU I/O: 8+2
- AES single-wire (192 kHz): Yes
- S/PDIF I/O: 1 In + 1 Out (coax or optical)
- ADAT I/O: 8+8
- S/MUX: S/MUX II and IV
- SRC: 8 channels (digital card)
- Word Clock I/O: 1 In + 1 Out
- Loop Sync I/O: 1 In + 1 Out
- Digital interface: DigiLink Mini
- Dynamic range ADC: 122 dB
- Dynamic range DAC: 125 dB
- THD+N ADC: -114 dB (0.0002%)
- THD+N DAC: -110 dB (0.00032%)
- Frequency response ADC: 20 Hz – 20 kHz N/A (+/-.03 dB)
- Frequency response DAC: 20 Hz – 20 kHz N/A (+/-.15 dB)
- Expansion: 1 empty bay
- Curv: Yes
- Soft clip: Yes
- Cal trims: Yes
- Metering: 32 4-segment LEDs
- Internal fan: Yes
- Chassis: 2U rack-mountable
|Model||Avid Pro Tools HDX2 Core 8x8x8|