Avid Pro Tools HDX core system plus MADI interface bundle - Education
This Avid Pro Tools HDX System includes a HDX Core card, a Pro Tools HD Madi interface, Pro Tools HD Software, 12-foot DigiLink Mini cable and an iLok.
Avid Pro Tools HDX
Pro Tools HDX is the new generation of Pro Tools HD, providing more power, higher audio quality, and easier ways to record, edit, and mix the most demanding productions. Get more tracks, more headroom, and up to 5x more dedicated DSP power to tackle even the most massive music and post-production projects with the confidence that comes with guaranteed performance.
Mix bigger, better projects
With Pro Tools|HDX, you get up to 5x more power per card than Pro Tools|HD Accel, so you can focus on your mix—not your mixer—and do much more with less. Compare systems.
- Create bigger, more complex mixes with 4x more tracks (up to 768 voices)
- Double your ins and outs with up to 64 channels of I/O per card (up to 192 total)
- Handle large plug-in-heavy mixes easily with 4x more Automatic Delay Compensation
Get more headroom—less headaches
Pro Tools|HDX uses floating-point calculations for plug-in processing and mixing, enabling you to achieve the best sound quality possible, with the least effort.
- Record and mix in higher resolution (up to 32-bit, 192 kHz audio) and significantly greater dynamic range
- Let your mixes breathe with increased headroom, and eliminate clipping and obsessive gain staging
- Improve workflow and sonic parity between DSP-accelerated and native-based Pro Tools systems with the new AAX plug-in platform
The fastest workflows—yours
Pro Tools|HDX tightly integrates with Pro Tools HD software and your Mac or PC, giving you optimized performance from creation to completion.
- Get a highly responsive feel—even in your most complex projects—with RAM-cached record/playback and real-time fades (Watch Disk Cache Part 1 and Part 2 )
- Keep the channel routing in complex sessions in check easily with bus interrogation
- Work faster with pro-level tools, including Clip Gain (Watch the video ), advanced audio editing and automation, surround sound, and more
- Accelerate your recording, editing, and mixing with Avid Pro Mixing consoles, which offer unprecedented hands-on control
- Share even more with Media Composer and other AAF-compatible software with support for multichannel tracks, Clip Gain, and a 24-hour timeline
It's all about the sound
There’s a reason why more professionals trust the sound of Pro Tools than with any other DAW. Now you can get even higher fidelity audio with Pro Tools|HDX.
- Get better audio clarity and detail than ever before combining Pro Tools|HDX with any Pro Tools HD Series audio interface
- Compose music and polish mixes with over 75 high-quality virtual instruments, effects, and sound processing plug-ins
- Get the renowned sound of the coveted Avid System 5 console with the Avid Channel Strip plug-in
The versatility you need—now and in the future
As your needs or business grows, you can easily scale Pro Tools|HDX to handle whatever comes your way, and take advantage of unique features and workflows.
- Gain more tracks and power by simply adding another Pro Tools|HDX card to your system
- Mix and match Pro Tools HD Series interfaces to meet your needs, or use Pro Tools HD software standalone for on-the-go mixing
- Collaborate with Media Composer editors through AAF sharing or Satellite technology options
Attain the highest sound quality and performance
Because Pro Tools HD is designed and optimized to be part of an integrated hardware/software solution, you can capture audio in pristine clarity with near-zero latency. Even when mixing large, complex projects, you’ll experience uncompromised performance—on a Pro Tools|HDX DSPpowered system or on the host with Pro Tools|HD Native.
Record and edit with advanced audio tools
Solo tracks in PFL (pre-fader listen) or AFL (after-fader listen) mode. Work more efficiently when punching performances with TrackPunch and DestructivePunch. And enhance and speed up editing tasks with Continuous Scrolling, Scrub Trim tool, Replace Clip command, Time Compression and Expansion Edit to Timeline Selection command, field recorder workflows, and more.
Work more easily with video
Edit and mix sound for larger, more complex video productions, and display up to 64 video tracks in the timeline. Expand your post capabilities with advanced video features, including multiple video playlists and basic video editing tools. Share audio mixes with Media Composer editors (and vice versa) through AAF. Or integrate directly into the Media Composer workflow with the Video Satellite option, eliminating the need to render effects, transcode video, or copy files.
Mix in stereo or surround
With Pro Tools HD, you can mix in everything from mono up to 7.1 surround sound. Build up your sonic landscape and add movement to your mix with the built-in surround panner. Work with groups of tracks faster and easier with VCA Group mixing. And with advanced automation tools, you can tackle even the largest, most complex mixes with ease.
Avid Pro Tools HD Madi
Avid Pro Tools HD MADI is a versatile, all-digital interface that provides 64 channels of MADI I/O, making it easy to integrate Pro Tools|HD systems into post-production and broadcast environments. Get great connection flexibility, fuss-free use through built-in sample rate conversion, and the ability to send and receive audio between your Pro Tools setup and MADI devices up to 2 km (1.24 miles) away.
Avid Pro Tools HD Madi Key features
- Send and receive up to 64 audio streams between Pro Tools|HD and other MADI devices
- Maintain maximum audio fidelity, with up to 24-bit, 192 kHz sample rate support
- Gain connection and routing flexibility through optical and coaxial connections:
- 2 MADI inputs (optical and coaxial)
- 2 MADI outputs (simultaneous optical and coaxial)
- Forget having to match sample rates, thanks to built-in SRC on all I/O channels
- Completely integrates with Pro Tools|HD family systems for full input, output, and routing control
- Sync to an external clock through dedicated BNC Word Clock and XLR AES/EBU connections when using SRC on output
- Keep things in sync with versatile Clock support, including Internal, Loop Sync, Word Clock, AES/EBU, and MADI
- Gain better device compatibility with 64-channel (non-Varispeed) and 56-channel (Varispeed) support (at 48 kHz)
- Integrate Pro Tools|HD family systems with MADI-equipped VENUE live sound systems for recording and Virtual Soundcheck
- Verify and troubleshoot signals through status indicators and global I/O signal LEDs
- Compact 1U rack-mountable design overcomes space limitations
- Connects to Pro Tools|HD through two DigiLink Mini connections (32 audio channels each; cables and adaptors included)
Open up your workflow
MADI is an open protocol, and there are a wide variety of MADI-compatible devices available, including digital mixing consoles, mobile recording setups, and routers. With the HD MADI interface, you can easily add MADI devices directly to your recording setup, as well as integrate Pro Tools|HD into broadcast and live sound environments. And because the interface supports both optical and coaxial connections, as well as 56- and 64-channel modes, you can connect to a wide variety of MADI devices from countless manufacturers—without additional format converters.
Forget about having to make sure your sample rates or the master clock match. HD MADI provides built-in sample rate conversion (SRC) on all inputs and outputs, so you can simply plug in and go—no converting sessions or down-sampling external MADI devices. And, because your audio output occurs simultaneously on both the coaxial and optical outputs, you can easily send audio to redundant systems without needing a splitter.
HD MADI and all other Pro Tools HD Series interfaces completely integrate with Pro Tools|HD, so you get maximum performance, dependability, and complete control of your signal flow right from your Pro Tools software interface.
|Model||Avid Pro Tools HDX Core Madi Education|