Avid Digidesign Pro Tools HD Native - Thunderbolt
The ProTools HD Native Thunderbolt is a new generation of Pro Tools|HD system that allows you to compose, record, edit, and mix music and/or sound for picture—with the greatest speed and ease. The Thunderbolt interface allows you to upgrade a compatible Pro Tools HD interface to be used in conjunction with Thunderbolt connections.
Included with the Thunderbolt interface is Pro Tools|HD Software; a HD audio interface is not included .
HD Native Thunderbolt interface
Unlike USB, or FireWire-based DAWs, which are inherently prone to latency, Pro Tools|HD Native employs a high-speed Thunderbolt interface to connect Pro Tools HD Series interfaces with your laptop or desktop computer. By eliminating distracting monitor latency while recording, increasing your I/O capabilities, and providing 64-bit floating-point processing for more headroom and a higher mix resolution, you get a professional native solution that meets the highest audio standards.
Pro Tools HD Software
Award-winning Pro Tools software has been the industry-standard digital audio production platform for years. The software tightly integrates your HD Native hardware and computer together as one, delivering exceptional performance and reliability—even with large mixes. And it comes with all the tools, advanced workflows, virtual instruments, and plug-ins you need to compose, record, edit, and mix music and/or sound for picture.
One or more Pro Tools HD Series interfaces
Capture and play back audio in stunning clarity and easily work with a wide range of analog and digital gear. Whether you want to streamline your setup with an all-in-one interface, provide mic or MADI connectivity, or need a tightly integrated, flexible system that can handle complex productions with up to 64 channels of I/O, there’s a Pro Tools HD Series interface that’s right for you—choose one or more to complete your system and customize it for your needs.
Experience high performance and reliability
Whether you’re tracking multiple inputs or mixing hundreds of tracks, Pro Tools|HD Native tightly integrates with your computer’s CPU to keep up with your project’s highest demands—without compromise. Choose the HD Native card if you have a PCIe-equipped Mac or PC, or the HD Native Thunderbolt interface, which features a powerful audiophile-grade headphone output for easy monitoring, for Thunderbolt-equipped desktop and laptop computers.
Capture and play back with the highest quality conversion
Get pristine audio fidelity and clarity when you record and play back through a Pro Tools HD Series interface. These critically-acclaimed interfaces offer state-of-the-art A/D and D/A conversion, premium analog circuitry, high-quality/low-noise I/O, and meticulous designs to capture and reproduce the full, natural sound of your original source, so you hear all of the character and nuances that make it unique.
Get higher resolution sound and mix with more headroom
With Pro Tools|HD Native, you can create great sounding, studio-quality productions at up to 32-bit, 192 kHz audio resolution. And with 64-bit floating-point processing, you gain more headroom for your mix, enabling you to flex your creativity and maintain audio clarity—without fear of overloading the mix bus. So go ahead and pile on the plug-ins to get the sound you really want.
Hear what you’ve been missing—without distracting latency
What happens when you combine best-in-class audio conversion with a high-speed Thunderbolt throughput? You get a high-performance system that can handle whatever you throw at it, and the lowest possible latency for your sessions. That means you can monitor your performance in sync with the playback for easier, worry-free recording.
Everything you need for professional music and audio production
With Pro Tools HD software included, you can compose, record, edit, sequence, and mix music and sound for picture with great speed and ease. Create complex compositions with the integrated Score Editor and MIDI production tools. Track sessions with extremely low latency. And gain inspiration and professional polish from over 75 included effects and virtual instruments.
Expand your capabilities
With Pro Tools|HD Native, you gain the flexibility to customize your system for your needs now and in the future. Mix and match HD Series interfaces to work with up to 64 channels of I/O. Add sync capabilities for working with video. Take hands-on control of your mix with an Avid Pro Mixing console or control surface. And expand your sonic palette with a wide range of AAX* plug-ins and software options available from Avid and other third-party audio developers.
Open up your workflow
Use the included Pro Tools HD software and you’ll maximize your productivity, efficiency, and creative potential, as well as gain unparalleled performance and control of Avid audio and video interfaces, control surfaces, and live sound systems. But you can also use your Pro Tools|HD Native hardware with other Core Audio- and ASIO-compatible DAW software such as Logic, Nuendo, Live, Cubase, Reason, and Fruity Loops—with support for 64 channels of I/O—opening up even more creative avenues.
- Harness the power of your desktop or laptop computer with Thunderbolt interface
- Attain the lowest latency and highest performance of any native digital audio workstation
- Capture and play back audio with pristine clarity using a Pro Tools HD Series interface
- Work with industry-standard Pro Tools HD software in a lower-cost solution for projects that don’t require the DSP acceleration of Pro Tools|HDX
- Create bigger sessions with up to 256 audio tracks and up to 64 channels of I/O
- Get the ideal tracking experience and set-and-forget direct monitoring with an integrated low-latency monitor mode
- Boost your capabilities with advanced automation, surround mixing, input monitoring, AFL/PFL solo, destructive punch, and other professional features
- Conveniently monitor every detail with the audiophile-grade headphone out, which provides enough gain to drive high impedance headphones (Thunderbolt interface only)
- Get better sounding mixes with AAX Native plug-ins, plus Automatic Delay Compensation on hardware and software inserts
- Share sessions with Pro Tools|HDX and Pro Tools|HD users without any loss of data
- Synchronize to timecode and video reference, with frame-edge accuracy, when using SYNC HD (sold separately)
- Take hands-on control over your mixes using Artist Series or Avid Pro Mixing consoles and control surfaces
- Get total flexibility—work with Mac or Windows, Pro Tools HD or third-party software, and more