Audio Technica U891RCx
The Audio Technica U891RCx is a wide range condenser microphone with a cardioid polar pattern, and is equipped with local or remote switching options. For flexible control in conference and boardroom installations, the unit's external contact closure ability allows a user to trigger an external device - a camera, for instance - from a switch on the microphone.
Another ease-of-use feature: the microphone's electronic on-off switch can be set to three operating modes: touch-on/touch-off, press to talk, and press to mute. The mic is also equipped an 80 Hz low-cut UniSteep® filter to reduce pickup of low-frequency ambient noise. Its red LED status indicator can be controlled remotely. UniGuard® innovations offer unsurpassed immunity from radio frequency interference; interchangeable elements are available in cardioid, hypercardioid and omnidirectional polar patterns; a unique rotating PivotPoint® connector changes the cable exit point - no tools required. It requires 11 to 52V DC phantom power, which operates the microphone and switch circuitry.
Audio Technica U891RCx Features
- Designed for surface-mount applications such as high-quality sound reinforcement, conferencing, distance learning and other demanding sound pickup situations
- Ultra-quiet electronic switch can be set to any of three operating modes: "touch-on/touch-off," "touch-to-talk" and "touch-to-mute"
- External contact closure capability permits control of remote devices from microphone switch
- External LED control allows for accurate depiction of the live status of the microphone
- PivotPoint® rotating output connector allows cable to exit from either the rear or the bottom of the microphone
- Small-diameter UniPoint® capsule near boundary eliminates phase distortion and delivers clear, high-output performance
- UniGuard® RFI-shielding technology offers outstanding rejection of radio frequency interference (RFI)
- Heavy die-cast case and non-slip silicon foam bottom pads minimize coupling of surface vibration to the microphone
- Low-profile design with low-reflectance black finish for minimum visibility
- Element: Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
- Polar Pattern: Half-cardioid (cardioid in hemisphere above mounting surface)
- Frequency Response: 30-20,000 Hz
- Low Frequency Roll Off: 80 Hz, 18 dB/octave
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: 34 dB (19.9 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: 200 ohms
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 130 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Dynamic Range: 104 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 68 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requirements: 11-52V DC, 4 mA typical
- Weight: 266g
- Dimensions: 108.0mm long, 84.0mm maximum width, 23.0mm height
- Output Connector: TB5M-type
- Cable: 7.6m long, 3.2mm diameter, 5-conductor shielded cable (2 conductors under shield; 3 control wires outside shield); TA5F-type connector at microphone end, output end stripped and tinned for connection to electronic device
View on the Audio Technica Europe Website.
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
£258.00 £215.00 (ex. vat)
£230.40 £192.00 (ex. vat)