Audio Technica U853R
Perfect for speech, theater, orchestra and choir sound reinforcement and recording, the Audio Technica U853R cardioid condenser hanging microphone is equipped with UniGuard® innovations that offer unsurpassed immunity from radio frequency interference.
With a consistent cardioid polar pattern, the mic offers natural sound from any angle, and superior gain before feedback. It is phantom powered and features an integral 80 Hz low-cut UniSteep® filter that reduces pickup of low-frequency ambient noise. The microphone accepts interchangeable elements, available in cardioid, hypercardioid, omnidirectional and UniLine® line cardioid polar patterns.
Audio Technica U853R Features
- Designed for suspension over choirs, instrumental groups and theater stages
- Superior off-axis rejection for maximum gain before feedback
- UniGuard® RFI-shielding technology offers outstanding rejection of radio frequency interference (RFI)
- UniSteep® filter provides a steep low-frequency attenuation to improve sound pickup without affecting voice quality
- Accepts interchangeable elements to permit angle of acceptance from 90° to 360°
- Low-profile design with low-reflectance finish for minimum visibility
- Element: Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 30-20,000 Hz
- Low Frequency Roll Off: 80 Hz, 18 dB/octave
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: 39 dB (11.2 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: 250 ohms
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 139 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Dynamic Range: 115 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 70 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requirements: 11-52V DC, 2 mA typical
- Switch: Flat, roll-off
- Cable: 25.0' (7.6 m) long (permanently attached to microphone), 0.13" (3.2 mm) diameter, 2 conductor shielded cable with TA3F-type connector
- Accessories: AT8153 two-stage foam windscreen; AT8451 steel hanger; AT8538 power module; AT8438 5/8"-27 stand adapter
View on the Audio Technica Europe Website.