Audio Technica U853AW
The white-finished version of U853A, the Audio Technica U853AW cardioid condenser hanging microphone is ideal for speech, theatre, orchestra and choir sound reinforcement and recording.
The microphone's fast transient response and low distortion characteristics allow every complex detail to be heard with all its impact-rich, vibrant qualities faithfully reproduced. Equipped with UniGuard® innovations that offer unsurpassed immunity from radio frequency interference, the U853AW accepts interchangeable elements, available in cardioid, hypercardioid, omnidirectional and UniLine® line cardioid polar patterns. The battery- or phantom-powered microphone also offers an 80 Hz low-cut UniSteep® filter that reduces pickup of low-frequency ambient noise.
Audio Technica U853AWU Features
- Designed for suspension over choirs, instrumental groups and theater stages
- Superior off-axis rejection for maximum gain before feedback
- UniGuard® RFI-shielding technology offers outstanding rejection of radio frequency interference (RFI)
- UniSteep® filter provides a steep low-frequency attenuation to improve sound pickup without affecting voice quality
- Accepts interchangeable elements to permit angle of acceptance from 90° to 360°
- Low-profile design with low-reflectance finish for minimum visibility
- Available in two colors: black (U853A) and white (U853AW)
- Operates on battery or phantom power
- Element: Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 30-20,000 Hz
- Low Frequency Roll Off: 80 Hz, 18 dB/octave
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: Phantom: 42 dB (7.9 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa Battery: -43 dB (7.0 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: Phantom: 200 ohms Battery: 270 ohms
- Maximum Input Sound Level: Phantom: 133 dB, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D. Battery: 123 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Dynamic Range: Phantom: 109 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL Battery: 99 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 70 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requirements: 11-52V DC, 2 mA typical
- Battery Type: 1.5V AA/UM3
- Battery Current Life: 0.4 mA / 1200 hours typical (alkaline)
- Switch: Off, on-flat, on-roll-off
- Cable: 25.0' (7.6 m) long (permanently attached to microphone), 0.13" (3.2 mm) diameter, 2-conductor, shielded cable with TA3F-type connector
- Accessories: AT8153(WH) two-stage foam windscreen; AT8451(WH) steel hanger; AT8531 power module; AT8438 5/8"-27 stand adapter; battery
View on the Audio Technica Europe Website.
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Audio Technica SKU SAUDU853AW Model U853AW GTIN 5055145724767