Audio Technica U851A
Offering outstanding sound for surface-mount applications, the Audio Technica U851A features a PivotPoint® rotating output connector, UniSteep® filter and UniGuard® RFI-shielding technology.
This battery- or phantom-powered condenser microphone accepts interchangeable condenser elements - available for boundary microphones in cardioid, hypercardioid and omnidirectional polar patterns. Its heavy die-cast case and silicon foam bottom pads minimize coupling of surface vibration to the microphone. With superior off-axis rejection and maximum gain-before-feedback, this professional microphone sets audio-quality standards in challenging acoustic environments.
Audio Technica U851A Features
- Designed for surface-mount applications such as high-quality sound reinforcement, professional recording, television, conferencing and other demanding sound pickup situations
- PivotPoint® rotating output connector allows cable to exit from either the rear or the bottom of the microphone
- Superior off-axis rejection for maximum gain before feedback
- UniGuard® RFI-shielding technology offers outstanding rejection of radio frequency interference (RFI)
- UniSteep® filter provides a steep low-frequency attenuation to improve sound pickup without affecting voice quality
- Small-diameter UniPoint capsule near boundary eliminates phase distortion and delivers clear, high-output performance
- Heavy die-cast case and non-slip silicon foam bottom pads minimize coupling of surface vibration to the microphone
- Low-profile design with low-reflectance black finish for minimum visibility
- Operates on battery or phantom power
- Element: Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
- Polar Pattern: Half-cardioid (cardioid in hemisphere above mounting surface)
- Frequency Response: 30-20,000 Hz
- Low Frequency Roll Off: 80 Hz, 18 dB/octave
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: Phantom: -40 dB (10.0 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa Battery: -41 dB (8.9 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: Phantom: 200 ohms Battery: 270 ohms
- Maximum Input Sound Level: Phantom: 133 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D. Battery: 123 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Dynamic Range: Phantom: 111 dB,1 kHz at Max SPL Battery: 101 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 72 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requirements: 11-52V DC, 2 mA typical
- Battery Type: 1.5V AA/UM3
- Battery Current Life: 0.4 mA / 1200 hours typical (alkaline)
- Switch: Off, on-flat, on-roll-off
- Cable: 25.0' (7.6 m) long (permanently attached to microphone), 0.13" (3.2 mm) diameter, 2-conductor, shielded cable with TA3F-type connector
- Accessories: AT8531 power module; battery; soft protective pouch
View on the Audio Technica Europe Website.