Audio Technica ES947 - Cardioid Condenser Boundary Microphone.
This black, low-profile Audio Technica ES947 cardioid condenser boundary microphone is recommended for unobtrusive table-, ceiling-, or panel-mount applications in high-quality sound reinforcement, professional recording and teleconferencing. Designed for permanent installation, the microphone is equipped with a self-contained power module with an XLRM-type output connector, eliminating the need for an external power module. Protected by a rugged all-metal case with a two-layer steel mesh grille, the microphone has a cardioid pattern for enhanced gain before feedback and improved signal-to-noise ratio.
Audio Technica ES947 Features
- Designed for surface-mount applications such as high-quality sound reinforcement, professional recording and teleconferencing
- Low-profile element provides uniform cardioid polar pattern with 120 degrees acceptance angle
- Mounts unobtrusively in table-tops, ceilings and wall panels
- Self-contained power module with XLRM-type output connector
- Rugged all-metal case with a two-layer steel mesh grille
- Isolators provide mechanical dampening of mounting-surface vibration
- Requires 11V to 52V DC phantom power
- UniGuard RFI-shielding technology offers outstanding rejection of radio frequency interference (RFI)
- RoHS compliant free from all substances specified in the EU directive on hazardous substances
- Element: Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
- Polar Pattern: Half-cardioid (Cardioid in hemisphere above mounting surface)
- Frequency Response: 40-12,000 Hz
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: -42 dB (7.9 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: 200 ohms
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 142 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Dynamic Range: 113 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 65 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requirements: 11-52V DC, 2 mA typical
- Weight: 64 g (2.3 oz)
- Dimensions: 69.0 mm (2.72") long, 30.0 mm (1.18") diameter
- Output Connector: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
View on the Audio Technica Europe Website.