Audio Technica BP4073 microphone with BPW-180 windshield (180mm long)
With an overall length of just 9.17" (233mm) and weight of just 3.5 oz, the Audio Technica BP4073 line and gradient microphone adds virtually no heft to the end of a fish pole or the top of a minicam. Through the use of an innovative Audio-Technica design, the interference tube of the BP4073 provides a narrow acceptance angle, effective for long-distance pickup. TheBP4073 offers low self-noise and is fully RoHS-compliant - free from all substances specified in the EU directive on the reduction of hazardous substances (RoHS).
The Windshield is perfect for camera, boom or handheld microphones where speed of mounting and outstanding performance is required. The Windshield is especially for ENG, Drama, Film due to speed of application, noise free microphone changes and light weight. The microphone is quickly and easily withdrawn for filter switch changes.
The Windshield has a foam core of 20PPi open cell foam which gives enhanced windnoise reduction while giving optimum high frequency performance. The fur covering is a 30mm synthetic fur, especially chosen for its acoustic properties and light weight.
The Windshield end cap is made of neoprene with genuine soft black leather trim for a snug fit and attractive finish.
Audio Technica BP4073 Features
- Designed for use in broadcasting, film/TV production and theater sound reinforcement applications
- Direct-coupled, balanced output ensures a clean signal even in high-output conditions
- Innovative acoustic design provides same directivity as mics up to 50% longer
- Switchable 80 Hz hi-pass filter & 10 dB pad
- Rugged housing made of lightweight structural-grade aluminum alloy
- RoHS-compliant - free from all substances specified in the EU directive on the reduction of hazardous substances (RoHS)
- Element: Externally polarized (DC bias) capacitor
- Polar Pattern: Line + gradient
- Frequency Response: 20-20,000 Hz
- Low Frequency Roll Off: 80 Hz, 12 dB/octave
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: -29 dB (35.5 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: 50 ohms
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 141 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.; 151 dB SPL, with 10 dB pad (nominal)
- Dynamic Range: 128 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 81 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requirements: 48V DC, 4.8 mA typical
- Weight: 99 g (3.5 oz)
- Dimensions: 233.0 mm (9.17") long, 21.0 mm (0.83") maximum body diameter
- Output Connector: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- Accessories: AT8405a stand clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 threaded adapter; AT8144 windscreen; two O-Rings; protective carrying case
View on the Audio Technica Europe Website.