Audio Technica BP4071L microphone with BPW-470 Windshield (470mm long)
At 21.22" (539mm) long, the Audio-Technica BP4071L is among the longest shotgun microphones on the market today. Originally developed at the request of broadcast professionals, this microphone boasts an extremely narrow polar pattern, excellent rejection from the sides and rear of the microphone, along with crisp, intelligible audio reproduction. It offers switchable low-frequency roll-off and a 10 dB pad, and comes generously equipped with a stand clamp, windscreen, and case.
The Windshield is perfect for camera, boom or handheld microphones where speed of mounting and outstanding performance is required. The Windshield is especially for ENG, Drama, Film due to speed of application, noise free microphone changes and light weight. The microphone is quickly and easily withdrawn for filter switch changes.
The Windshield has a foam core of 20PPi open cell foam which gives enhanced windnoise reduction while giving optimum high frequency performance. The fur covering is a 30mm synthetic fur, especially chosen for its acoustic properties and light weight.
The Windshield end cap is made of neoprene with genuine soft black leather trim for a snug fit and attractive finish.
Audio Technica BP4071L Features
- Overall length of 21.22" with an extremely narrow, highly directional pickup pattern
- Ideal for use in broadcasting, film/TV production, and theater sound reinforcement
- Direct-coupled, balanced output ensures a clean signal even in high-output conditions
- Transformerless design for improved pickup of transients
- Rugged housing made of lightweight structural-grade aluminum alloy
- Interference tube design for narrow acceptance angle
- Switchable 80 Hz high-pass filter & 10 dB pad
- RoHS-compliant - free from all substances specified in the EU directive on the reduction of hazardous substances (RoHS)
- Element: Externally polarized (DC bias) capacitor
- Polar Pattern: Line + gradient
- Frequency Response: 20-18,000 Hz
- Low Frequency Roll Off: 80 Hz, 12 dB/octave
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: -29 dB (35.5 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: 50 ohms
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 141 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.; 151 dB SPL, with 10 dB pad (nominal)
- Dynamic Range: 128 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 81 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requirements: 48V DC, 4.8 mA typical
- Weight: 175 g (6.2 oz)
- Dimensions: 539.0 mm (21.22") long, 21.0 mm (0.83") maximum body diameter
- Output Connector: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- Accessories: AT8405a stand clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 threaded adapter; AT8147 windscreen; two O-Rings; protective carrying case
View on the Audio Technica Europe Website.