Audio Technica BP4071 microphone with BPZ-L Soft Zep system (360mm long)
With directivity equal to mics up to 50% longer, the Audio Technica BP4071 has been specially created to meet the pickup demands of broadcasting, film/TV sound, professional recording, wildlife recording and theater sound reinforcement.
Particularly useful for miking dynamic action in film/TV audio as well as in 'spot' miking techniques in the music studio or theater, the 15.55"-long BP4071 provides a low noise floor and direct-coupled, balanced output for a clean signal even in high-output conditions.
Audio-Technica has pioneered an interference tube design in the BP4071 that provides the same directivity as mics up to 50 percent longer.
The Soft-Zep is lightweight, robust and simple to use and has a permanently mounted high quality fur windcover around an open cell foam core and a very comfortable hand grip made from Kraton rubber with soft gel inserts. A thread in the base of the handle allows a boom pole to be attached. The rubber handle can be easily removed and a microphone cable (not included) can be threaded through the handle so it is out of the way. For ease of use, the microphone is simply inserted into the rear of the Soft-Zep in the same way as a “Windshield”.
Audio Technica BP4071 Features
- Designed for use in broadcasting, film/TV production, and theater sound reinforcement applications
- Direct-coupled, balanced output ensures a clean signal even in high-output conditions
- Innovative acoustic design provides same directivity as mics up to 50% longer
- Rugged housing made of lightweight structural-grade aluminum alloy
- Transformerless design for improved pickup of transients
- Switchable 80 Hz high-pass filter & 10 dB pad
- RoHS-compliant - free from all substances specified in the EU directive on the reduction of hazardous substances (RoHS)
- Element: Externally polarized (DC bias) capacitor
- Polar Pattern: Line + gradient
- Frequency Response: 20-20,000 Hz
- Low Frequency Roll Off: 80 Hz, 12 dB/octave
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: -29 dB (35.5 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: 50 ohms
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 141 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.; 151 dB SPL, with 10 dB pad (nominal)
- Dynamic Range: 128 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 81 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requirements: 48V DC, 4.8 mA typical
- Weight: 136 g (4.8 oz)
- Dimensions: 395.0 mm (15.55") long, 21.0 mm (0.83") maximum body diameter
- Output Connector: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- Accessories: AT8405a stand clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 threaded adapter; AT8145 windscreen; two O-Rings; protective carrying case
View on the Audio Technica Europe Website.