Audio Technica BP4071
With directivity equal to mics up to 50% longer, the Audio Technica BP4071 has been specially created to meet the pickup demands of broadcasting, film/TV sound, professional recording, wildlife recording and theater sound reinforcement.
Particularly useful for miking dynamic action in film/TV audio as well as in 'spot' miking techniques in the music studio or theater, the 15.55"-long BP4071 provides a low noise floor and direct-coupled, balanced output for a clean signal even in high-output conditions.
Audio-Technica has pioneered an interference tube design in the BP4071 that provides the same directivity as mics up to 50 percent longer.
Audio Technica BP4071 Features
- Designed for use in broadcasting, film/TV production, and theater sound reinforcement applications
- Direct-coupled, balanced output ensures a clean signal even in high-output conditions
- Innovative acoustic design provides same directivity as mics up to 50% longer
- Rugged housing made of lightweight structural-grade aluminum alloy
- Transformerless design for improved pickup of transients
- Switchable 80 Hz high-pass filter & 10 dB pad
- RoHS-compliant - free from all substances specified in the EU directive on the reduction of hazardous substances (RoHS)
- Element: Externally polarized (DC bias) capacitor
- Polar Pattern: Line + gradient
- Frequency Response: 20-20,000 Hz
- Low Frequency Roll Off: 80 Hz, 12 dB/octave
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: -29 dB (35.5 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: 50 ohms
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 141 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.; 151 dB SPL, with 10 dB pad (nominal)
- Dynamic Range: 128 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 81 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requirements: 48V DC, 4.8 mA typical
- Weight: 136 g (4.8 oz)
- Dimensions: 395.0 mm (15.55") long, 21.0 mm (0.83") maximum body diameter
- Output Connector: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- Accessories: AT8405a stand clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 threaded adapter; AT8145 windscreen; two O-Rings; protective carrying case
View on the Audio Technica Europe Website.