Audio Technica AT897 microphone with BPW-180 windshield (180mm long)
The Audio Technica AT897 is designed for field audio acquisition in film/TV/video production, professional recording, wildlife recording and broadcast applications. It mounts conveniently on a DV camcorder without adding noticeable heft, and remains out of the frame even with compact digital cameras. This high-performance short shotgun offers outstanding long-distance audio pickup due to narrow acceptance angle of line + gradient design. It also features smooth, natural-sounding on-axis audio quality and excellent off-axis rejection of sound arriving from the sides and rear of mic.
The Windshield is perfect for camera, boom or handheld microphones where speed of mounting and outstanding performance is required. The Windshield is especially for ENG, Drama, Film due to speed of application, noise free microphone changes and light weight. The microphone is quickly and easily withdrawn for filter switch changes.
The Windshield has a foam core of 20PPi open cell foam which gives enhanced windnoise reduction while giving optimum high frequency performance. The fur covering is a 30mm synthetic fur, especially chosen for its acoustic properties and light weight.
The Windshield end cap is made of neoprene with genuine soft black leather trim for a snug fit and attractive finish.
Audio Technica AT897 Features:
- Designed for video production and broadcast (ENG/EFP) audio acquisition
- Short length (11") ensures mic stays out of the shot -- even when used with compact digital cameras
- Smooth, natural-sounding on-axis audio quality
- Provides the narrow acceptance angle desirable for long-distance sound pickup
- Excellent sound rejection from the sides and rear of mic
- Switchable low-frequency roll-off
- Operates on battery or phantom power
- RoHS compliant - free from all substances specified in the EU directive on hazardous substances
Audio Technica AT897 Specifications:
- Element: Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
- Polar Pattern: Line + gradient
- Frequency Response: 20-20,000 Hz
- Low Frequency Roll Off: 80 Hz, 12 dB/octave
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: Phantom: -40 dB (10.0 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa Battery: -41 dB (8.9 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: Phantom: 200 ohms Battery: 300 ohms
- Maximum Input Sound Level: Phantom: 129 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D. Battery: 115 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Dynamic Range: Phantom: 112 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL Battery: 98 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 77 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requiremens: 11-52V DC, 2 mA typical
- Battery Type: 1.5V AA/UM3
- Battery Current Life: 0.4 mA / 1200 hours typical (alkaline)
- Switch: Flat, roll-off (recessed)
- Weight: 5.1 oz (145 g)
- Dimensions: 10.98" (279.0 mm) long, 0.83" (21.0 mm) diameter
- Output Connector: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- Accessories: AT8405a stand clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; AT8134 windscreen; battery; 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 threaded adapter; protective carrying case