Audio Technica AT897 microphone with BPF-175 fur sock (175mm long)
The Audio Technica AT897 is designed for field audio acquisition in film/TV/video production, professional recording, wildlife recording and broadcast applications. It mounts conveniently on a DV camcorder without adding noticeable heft, and remains out of the frame even with compact digital cameras. This high-performance short shotgun offers outstanding long-distance audio pickup due to narrow acceptance angle of line + gradient design. It also features smooth, natural-sounding on-axis audio quality and excellent off-axis rejection of sound arriving from the sides and rear of mic.
Fur Socks add extra wind protection to the supplied foam windshield for protection in windy conditions.
Fur Socks are easily pulled over the existing foam and are fastened with velcro.
Audio Technica AT897 Features:
- Designed for video production and broadcast (ENG/EFP) audio acquisition
- Short length (11") ensures mic stays out of the shot -- even when used with compact digital cameras
- Smooth, natural-sounding on-axis audio quality
- Provides the narrow acceptance angle desirable for long-distance sound pickup
- Excellent sound rejection from the sides and rear of mic
- Switchable low-frequency roll-off
- Operates on battery or phantom power
- RoHS compliant - free from all substances specified in the EU directive on hazardous substances
Audio Technica AT897 Specifications:
- Element: Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
- Polar Pattern: Line + gradient
- Frequency Response: 20-20,000 Hz
- Low Frequency Roll Off: 80 Hz, 12 dB/octave
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: Phantom: -40 dB (10.0 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa Battery: -41 dB (8.9 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: Phantom: 200 ohms Battery: 300 ohms
- Maximum Input Sound Level: Phantom: 129 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D. Battery: 115 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Dynamic Range: Phantom: 112 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL Battery: 98 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 77 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requiremens: 11-52V DC, 2 mA typical
- Battery Type: 1.5V AA/UM3
- Battery Current Life: 0.4 mA / 1200 hours typical (alkaline)
- Switch: Flat, roll-off (recessed)
- Weight: 5.1 oz (145 g)
- Dimensions: 10.98" (279.0 mm) long, 0.83" (21.0 mm) diameter
- Output Connector: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- Accessories: AT8405a stand clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; AT8134 windscreen; battery; 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 threaded adapter; protective carrying case