Audio Technica AT8015 microphone with BPZ-L Soft Zep system (360mm long)
Designed for video production and broadcast (ENG/EFP) audio acquisition, the Audio Technica AT8015 provides the narrow acceptance angle desirable for long-distance sound pickup, along with excellent sound rejection from the sides and rear of mic. The roll-off position reduces the pickup of low-frequency ambient noise (such as traffic, air-handling systems, etc.), room reverberation and mechanically coupled vibrations.
The Soft-Zep is lightweight, robust and simple to use and has a permanently mounted high quality fur windcover around an open cell foam core and a very comfortable hand grip made from Kraton rubber with soft gel inserts. A thread in the base of the handle allows a boom pole to be attached. The rubber handle can be easily removed and a microphone cable (not included) can be threaded through the handle so it is out of the way. For ease of use, the microphone is simply inserted into the rear of the Soft-Zep in the same way as a “Windshield”.
Audio Technica AT8015 Features:
- Designed for video production and broadcast (ENG/EFP) audio acquisition
- Provides the narrow acceptance angle desirable for long-distance sound pickup
- Excellent sound rejection from the sides and rear of mic
- Switchable low-frequency roll-off
- Operates on battery or phantom power
- RoHS compliant - free from all substances specified in the EU directive on hazardous substances
Audio Technica AT8015 Specifications:.
- Element: Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
- Polar Pattern: Line + gradient
- Frequency Response: 40-20,000 Hz
- Low Frequency Roll Off: 80 Hz, 12 dB/octave
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: Phantom: -38 dB (12.5 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa Battery: -39 dB (11.2 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: Phantom: 250 ohms Battery: 300 ohms
- Maximum Input Sound Level: Phantom: 132 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D. Battery: 120 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Dynamic Range: Phantom: 110 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL Battery: 98 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 72 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requiremens: 11-52V DC, 2 mA typical
- Battery Type: 1.5V AA/UM3
- Battery Current Life: 0.4 mA / 1200 hours typical (alkaline)
- Switch: Flat, roll-off
- Weight: 195 g (6.9 oz)
- Dimensions: 460.0 mm (18.11") long, 21.0 mm (0.83") diameter
- Output Connector: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- Accessories: AT8405a stand clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 threaded adapter; AT8135 windscreen; battery; protective carrying case