This bundle includes an Audient MiCO Dual Channel Mic Pre and a Cascade Fathead II Blumlein Pair.
Audient Mico Dual Channel Mic Pre
The Audient Mico is a compact, feature packed twin Mic Pre with built in ultra-high quality ADCs, making it an ideal front-end for desk-top users. The front-end design is Audient's renowned balanced discrete Class A design which is also used in the ASP008 and the ASP8024 mixing console - guaranteeing outstanding sonic transparency and detail.
Mico also features one channel of the unique HMX harmonic sculpting technology from the Audient Black Pre making the creation of vintage style character and complexity as simple as turning one knob. For recording a single source with twin mics or mic+DI, the Variphase control on Mico's second channel allows precise phase alignment (or creative mis-alignment) of the two signal paths.
Audient MICO Features
- Twin ASP008 discrete Class A Mic Pres
- Rear panel Mic/Line inputs on Combi XLR/Jack
- Rear panel line output on XLR
- Switchable Hi-Pass filters - 40Hz, 80Hz, 120Hz
- Phase invert
- Switchable 48V phantom
- -20dB Pad
- 18 to 66dB gain continuously variable
Unique to Ch 1:
- Front panel DI input - 500kOhms
- HMX Harmonic sculpting function from Black Pre
Unique to Ch 2:
- Variphase - phase shift between 0-180 degrees
- Ultra-high performance 24 bit 44.1/48/96kHz low-jitter internal clock
- 44.1 to 192kHz using external word clock
- AES/EBU, S/PDIF Coaxial and TOSLINK outputs
- Word Clock input on BNC
- Switchable Word Clock termination
Cascade Fathead II Blumlein Pair Bundle
Unlike most ribbon motors designed today with an offset ribbon element the new Cascade FAT HEAD II houses a hand-tuned ribbon element that incorporates the legendary symmetrical ribbon design. This design offers a true figure 8 pattern. The corrugated aluminum membrane itself is positioned in the center from front to back, thus producing a balanced audio input signal to both sides of the ribbon assembly. This design is very useful when executing a mid-side or Blumlein recording set-up and also great for live stage use.
The FAT HEAD II Blumlein Stereo Pair offers a unique Radian Grill Design
The Cascade FAT HEAD II offers the natural and open sound associated with the finest ribbon microphones. You will find that when recording acoustic guitars, guitar cabinets, vocals, drum over-heads, and countless other types of instruments, the ribbon microphone will produce the warmth that is vital to today's digital recording environment. We firmly believe you will also agree that this microphone will make a great addition to your collection.
We inspect the audio and built quality of each and every Cascade microphone before it leaves our shop, once you try one...you'll be a believer.
FAT HEAD II Upgrades: Polished nickel grill, neck and nut with a larger body, plus a heavy-duty premium shockmount. Sonically the same as the standard FAT HEAD.
Casade Fat Head II Blumlein - Stereo Pair Specifications
- Type: Ribbon (velocity) Microphone
- Ribbon type & Dimensions: 99% Pure aluminum, 2.5 micron, 1 3/4" (L) X 3/16" (W)
- Polar pattern: Figure 8 Symmetrical
- Sensitivity: -56 db +/- 2 dB (0 dB=1V/Pa)
- Frequency response: 30 to -18,000 Hz (+/- 3dB)
- Output Impedance: <=200 Ohms
- Recommended load impedance: >1000 Ohms
- Max.SPL (1% THD @1000 Hz): 165 dB
- Connector: 3-Pin male XLR
- Size: Diameter: 3" (O.D. grill), overall length 7 3/4", 1 3/4" (O.D. body)
Casade Fat Head II Blumlein - Stereo Pair Kit Includes
- FAT HEAD Ribbon Microphone
- Premium suspension shockmount
- Blumlein - Stereo Adaptor Bar
- Upgrade aluminum case
- Micro-fiber cleaning cloth
|Model||Audient MiCO and Cascade Fathead II Blumlein Pair Bundle|