ATC SCM12 Pro Two-way Passive monitor (Pair) - B-Stock
As an all-new design, the ATC SCM12 Pro proffers ATC’s acclaimed performance at a lower price point without compromising component quality and achieves this in a more compact, installation-friendly footprint ideally suited to nearfield monitoring as well as multichannel music and post-production applications.
These speakers are B-Stock and have been used briefly in our showroom/demo facility. They are in pristine, like-new condition and have a full warranty.
Though the SCM12 Pro is the most affordable model in ATC’s professional range of loudspeakers, the monitor makes use of the company’s celebrated drive units for both the mid/bass and tweeter, both being meticulously hand built at its UK facility.
The tweeter is a 25mm/one-inch soft-dome designed around ATC’s unique dual-suspension technology. Unlike conventional tweeters, this precision part employs two suspensions, offering far greater control of the voice coil and dome motion — especially at higher sound pressure levels. The result is an extended high-frequency response with much greater clarity and definition due to the reduction in disturbing anharmonic distortion. Listener fatigue is also greatly reduced, resulting in users being able to work for longer periods with greater accuracy.
At the lower end of the frequency spectrum, mid/bass reproduction is handled by ATC’s 150mm/six-inch proprietary CLD drive unit. Using a 45mm/1.75-inch diameter voice coil, and employing an FEA (Finite Element Analysis) optimised high-energy symmetric gap motor system, the driver is capable of tremendous dynamic range with minimal power compression. Cone construction is courtesy of another proprietary ATC technology that represents another advance in driver performance — namely, Constrained Layer Damping (CLD), a process that uses multiple laminated fabric cones to form a stiff, light, and tremendously well-damped structure. Speaking acoustically, this construction creates a smoother on- and off-axis frequency response and also a reduction in distortion leading to a more lifelike reproduction of source material. Meaningfully, judgements and decisions can be made more quickly, more accurately, and for longer periods of time by busy working audio professionals.
ATC SCM 12 Pro Features
- Compact high performance 2-way studio monitor
- Ideally suited to:
- Critical near-field listening applications in all control rooms
- LCR surround monitoring in small-to-medium control rooms
- Proprietary ATC 150mm/6˝ CLD Mid/Bass Driver
- Proprietary ATC 25mm/1˝ Dual Suspension Tweeter
- 6 year warranty
- HF ATC 1˝/25mm dual suspension Soft Dome (SH25-76 6 Ohm)
- LF ATC 6˝/150mm Constrained Layer Damping (CLD) (SB50-150CLD 8 Ohm)
- Amplitude Linearity: 80Hz – 16kHz (+/-2dB)
- Cut Off Frequencies: 56Hz – 22kHz (-6dB freestanding)
- Dispersion: ±80° Coherent Horizontal, ±10° Coherent Vertical
- Maximum Continuous SPL: 108dB (per pair @ 1m)
- Crossover Frequency: 2.2kHz
- Recommended Power Amplifier: 75 to 300 Watts
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohm
- Connectors: Binding Posts/4mm Plugs, bi-wire
- Cabinet Dimensions (HxWxD): 400x238x235mm/15.7˝x9.4˝x9.3˝
- Weight: 11kg/24lbs (per cabinet)
- Additional Information
Manufacturer ATC SKU SATCSCM12PROB Model SCM12PRO GTIN NA
£4,724.40 (inc. vat) £3,937.00 (ex. vat)
£7,440.00 (inc. vat) £6,200.00 (ex. vat)
£2,700.00 (inc. vat) £2,250.00 (ex. vat)
£3,856.80 (inc. vat) £3,214.00 (ex. vat)