API The Channel Strip
The Channel Strip from API combines four legendary API modules into a powerful, 1U channel strip. The Channel Strip includes a 512c mic pre, 527 compressor, 550A EQ and 325 Line Driver output level control.
The 512c preamp can be used with mic, line and instruments. It features a phase invert, 48v phantom power and 20dB pad. The 527 dynamics module follows offering a multi-mode compressor with controls for threshold, attack, release and ratio. The 527 can be bypassed, routed to post or pre EQ and if two units are used, the compressor can be link for stereo use. The 527 also features the award winning API Thrust circuit which when engaged, provides a classic 'in-your-face' punch.
The 550A EQ is the next module and this is a three-band equaliser with switchable frequencies and 12dB of boost or cut. The high and low bands can be switched to shelving EQ and the B.P. Filter switch inserts a 50Hz to 15kHz bandpass filter. The EQ can be bypassed. The 325 Line Driver is taken direct from API console designs and features an output level pot and a 10 segment meter. The meter can be switched to display the pre or post processing.
API The Channel Strip Features
- 4 API modules combined into 1 powerful channel strip
- API 512c Mic Preamplifier
- API 527 Compressor
- API 550A Equalizer
- API 325 Line Driver
- Complete patching facilities on rear panel
- Two ten segment LED VU displays
- Output clips at +30dBm
API The Channel Strip Specifications
- Power Consumption, Quiescent: 28.2 Watts
- Size: 19" X 1.75" (1U) X 11.5" Deep
- Size (Boxed for Shipping): 23.25" X 6.5" X 16"
- Actual Weight: 10.81 lbs.
- Shipping Weight: 14.88 lbs.