The Aphex COMP 500 module is a 500-series optical compressor that features an electronically balanced input and Jensen JT-11DL transformer balanced output. The optical element was designed and produced exclusively for Aphex. The COMP 500 also features stereo linking, LED metering and illuminated switches.
Aphex COMP 500 Features
- Transparency in the behavior of the optical element
- Release Time flexibility from a leveling amp behavior to a compression behavior
- Jensen output transformer
- LED metering of Gain Reduction and Output Level
- Stereo linking to an adjacent COMP 500
Professional Studio Recording - The COMP 500 is well suited for recording and mixing music, dialog or sound effects. The Aphex COMP 500 optical compressor brings your audio levels under control, while preserving tone and attack. Try two COMP 500s stereo linked on your stereo mix buss. The COMP 500 provides top of the line compression and will make for a welcome addition to any studio.
Pair it with a J PRE 500 and an EQF 500 for the ultimate channel strip or use it with any of your favorite 500 series modules. It also works flawlessly as a hardware insert processer for your DAW tracks when it’s time to mix.
Not only does the COMP 500 sound great, it is also incredibly easy to use and very affordable. This 500 series optical compressor belongs in your 500 Series arsenal.
- Type: Transformerless, active balanced
- Impedance: 40kohm balanced, 20kohm unbalanced
- CMRR: >40dB @ 60Hz
- Max Input Level (not enabled): N/A – true bypass
- Max Input Level (enabled): >26dBu
- Type: Transformer balanced
- Nominal Operating Level: +4dBu
- Level Meter Peak: +18 dBu
- Maximum Level: +26dBu
- Impedance: 100 ohm nominal
- THD: <0.003% @ +4dBu input (Drive/Output mid, min ratio, no compression)
- THD: <0.05% @ +10dBu input (Drive/Output mid, max ratio, ~6dB compression)
- Frequency Response: +0.1/-1.0dB <10Hz to 45kHz
- Current draw: 60mA
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Aphex SKU SAPH500COMP Model Aphex COMP 500 GTIN N/A