Aphex 228 Level Matching Interface
The Aphex 228 is an 8-channel unbalanced RCA to balanced XLR Level Matching Interface.
The pro recording studio standard Aphex 124A enjoys a longtime reputation as the one of the world’s finest level interfaces. The 124A’s high definition servo balanced input and output circuits remains as the premier bidirectional stereo level interface.
For multichannel applications of up to eight channels, using two channel interfaces is cumbersome and expensive. With the need by far to match consumer level outputs to professional level inputs Aphex created the Model 228 Unidirectional Level Interface based on the proven 124A.
The front panel extended range VU meter and trim controls allow each channel to be calibrated and monitored individually. Two-color signal presence/clip indicators let you know instantly if sound is present on each channel or if an overload occurs.For home theater installations, a provision is made to dim all the lights on the front panel.
- Inputs: 8 unbalanced RCA
- Outputs: 8 Balanced XLR 3-pin Male
- Gain Translation: 11.78 dB Adjustable Â±6 dB
- Frequency Response: -3dB @ .16 Hz and 80 kHz
- THD @ max output: Less than .001% at M.O.L.
- IMD @ max output: Less than .001% at M.O.L.
- Output Noise: Better than -90dBu, input shorted
- SNR: 94 dB
- Dynamic Range: 114 dB
- Max Output Level (MOL): +24dBu
- Max Input Level: 3.55V RMS
- Power Requirements: 100 / 120 / 220 / 240 VAC 50-60 Hz 20 Watts max
- Dimensions: 19″W x 1.75″H x 9″ D (482.6mm x 44.5mm x 228.6mm)
- Power Supply: Internal, Fused
- Net Weight: 5 lbs (2.27 kg)