The Aphex 188 provides eight high-quality Aphex transformer-coupled mic preamps in a 1U rackmountable chassis. Like our popular 1788A, all settings of the Model 188 may be remote controlled via Ethernet or MIDI, using the 1788SW control software (PC and Mac). It can also be controlled via our 5200 interface from an Avid Pro Tools or Yamaha control surface.
The Model 188 has an eight channel analog output as well as two ADAT Optical outputs, each carrying eight channels of audio. The two outputs may be used for redundant operation, or in combination for 2X sampling rates (SMUX).
Aphex 188 Features
- Balanced analog outputs
- 2 ADAT outputs
- Internal clock: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96kHz
- External clock input from 44.1 to 96kHz
- Word clock output
- Automatic ADAT SMUX output for 88.2 and 96kHz
- Selectable SMUX for 44.1 and 48kHz
- 65dB total gain, 26dB fixed gain, 39dB variable gain
- 26dB Pad
- Polarity reverse
- Low cut filter @ 80Hz
- Max output level +21dBu
- EIN: -125dBu