AMS Neve 2264ALB mono limiter/comp module (Lunchbox Format)
The Neve 2264ALB is a 500-series compatible mono limiter/compressor crafted in England by Neve engineers. The 2264ALB retains the original 2264A’s unique sonic characteristics by using the same architecture, matching components and original hand-wound transformers and adds new features: a Signal Presence indicator LED and a Slow Attack option. And it delivers it in a modern and portable form-factor which professional producers and engineers demand.
Simply install into an empty slot in your compatible 500-series rack, connect your line level signals and inject the legendary Neve dynamic sound into your audio creations. And it's the perfect pairing for the incredible Neve 1073LB microphone pre amp module. The 2264ALB module can be inserted between the input and output stages of the 1073LB module, creating an all-new Neve classic audio path.
Originally designed in 1974, the Neve 2264A mono Limiter/Compressor unit quickly became a legend. Delivering similar facilities and performance as the earlier 2254 Limiter/Compressor type, it did so despite being packaged in a more compact form-factor. Discrete, Class A/B design and transformer-coupled circuits used in the input, innovative bridge-driver design, side-chain and output stages ensured a totally unique sound. The original 2264A units are still sought after, decades after production stopped, and they remain one of the milestone pieces of studio equipment.
Neve 2264ALB Features
- Classic mono Limiter/Compressor, available in a 500-series format
- Transformer-coupled circuits used in Input, Bridge-driver, Side-chain and Output stages
- Independent Limiter and Compressor IN/OUT selectors
- BYPASS switch connects input terminals directly to output terminals
- Slow Attack switch changes between classic 2264A attack settings and new Slow Attack setting for buss compression work
- Digital LED meter with approximate PPM ballistics indicates 0dB to 20dB of gain reduction
- Audio Processing Insert design allows the audio to/from the 2264ALB module to be inserted into the audio path of an existing 1073LB module (modules must be fitted in the same LunchboxTM)
- Fully screened module, packaged in Mu-metal case helps eliminate stray electromagnetic fields from LunchboxTM PSU or other module types
Neve 2264ALB Specifications
- Input: 10kΩ, bridging, balanced and earth-free.
- Output: Source impedance 80Ω, balanced and earth-free. Maximum output: +26dB into 600Ω
- Gain: 0dB
- Noise: -70.5dBu (20Hz ~ 20kHz) for linear and limit modes.
- Frequency Response: Flat, within 1dB from 20Hz ~ 20kHz
- Distortion: With limit switched IN, threshold set to +4dBu, recovery 800ms & input level +20dB:0.05% @ 1kHz (10Hz ~ 80kHz)With Compress & Limit switched OUT, input/output level +9dB: 0.05% @ 1kHz (10Hz ~ 80kHz)
- Threshold: Variable from +4dB ~ +15dB
- Ratio: Greater than 100:1
- Attack Time: 4mS
- Recovery Time: 50ms, 100ms, 200ms, 800ms and Auto1 (100ms/2sec) and Auto2 (50ms/5sec) settings
- Threshold: Variable from -20dBu ~ +10dBu
- Ratio: 1.5:1, 2:1, 3:1, 4:1, 6:1
- Attack Time: 3ms with Slow Attack off, 12ms with Slow Attack active.
- Recovery Time: 100ms, 400ms, 800ms, 1.5sec and Auto1 (100ms/2sec) and Auto2 (50ms/5sec) settings.
- Gain Make-up: 0dB ~ +20dB extra gain when Compress switched IN.
- Meter: Digital LED meter with approximate PPM ballistics indicates 0dB ~ 20dB of gain reduction.
- Gain meter
- Limiter Threshold & Recovery rotary controls with IN/OUT switch & indicator LED
- Compressor Threshold and Recovery rotary controls with IN/OUT switch & indicator LED
- Compressor Gain and Ratio rotary controls with LINK switch & indicator LED
- Bypass switch
- Signal Presence indicator LED
- Slow Attack switch
Dimensions (excluding front panel controls and rear connector):
- Width: 38mm (1½ inches)
- Height: 132mm (5¼ inches)
- Depth: 145 mm (5¾ inches)
- Weight: 1.1kg (2½ pounds)
2264ALB Module requirements:
- Rack: Compliant LunchboxTM rack with integral PSU and external audio connections.
- Available Rack slots: Single Lunchbox rack slot required for each 2264ALB module.Two or three adjacent Lunchbox rack slots required for each 1073LB/2264ALB or 1073LB/ 1073LBEQ/2264ALB module configuration when the modules are used together in Audio Processing Insert mode.
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Neve SKU SNEV2264ALB Model 2264ALB GTIN 0799456982007