AMS Neve 1081R Fully fitted 5U Rack of 12 x Classic 1081R Modules
The Neve 1081R is the ideal solution for engineers seeking multiple channels of Neve sound quality without investing in a new console. This system consists of a microprocessor-controlled 12-slot rack and a 12 Neve 1081R Classic Mono Mic Pre modules.
By selecting their desired combination of mic preamps, engineers have the flexibility to record classical, pop, rock, or any other musical format, and control it all from a Neve Console or standalone PC. In terms of application, the 1081 offers the perfect response for close miking of vocals, acoustic instruments, and percussion.
The rack can be positioned remotely and controlled via an Encore system on a Neve console or a standalone PC, making it the perfect choice for studio or live recording applications. (Connections come courtesy of a 9-pin serial control cable via RS232 to RS485 converter.) Operational settings such as gain, phase and 20dB pad can be controlled either from the rack or via the interface screen, and stored for later recall.
The 1081R allows these legendary mic preamps to be used as remote inputs for the 88RS analogue console, or provides the perfect companion to our digital consoles.
AMS Neve 1081R Features
- 12-space remote-controlled rack featuring a selection of classic 1081 or Air Montserrat
- Modern, convenient way to secure legendary Neve Sound
- Controllable from Neve Console (Encore PC) or standalone PC
- Serial connection to computer
- Recall of all operational settings via software
- Unique hand-wired Neve-designed input transformers
AMS Neve 1081R Specifications
1081R Red (1 slot, 12 max per rack)
- Input impedance: 1.2kOhm @ 1kHz
- Gain: +20dB to +70dB in 5dB steps
- Distortion: not more than 0.07% for 20dBm output from 50Hz to 10kHz @ 60dB gain
- Noise: (22Hz to 22kHz bandwidth) EIN better than -123dB @60dB gain
- Microphone Maximum Input Level with 'Pad' IN: +24dB
- Max Output: +26dBu into 600 Ohms
- Output Impedance: 50 Ohms +/- 5% @ 1kHz balanced
Rack Housing Specifications (fully fitted)
- Power: <40W, 100-240vac auto sensing, 47-63Hz, 1.6A anti-surge fuse
- Mechanical: 4U x 19", 260mm deep
- Audio Interface: 12 balanced circuits on a 56-way panel mounted female varicon
- Control Interface: 9-pin D-type Male input and 9-pin D-type Female output, RS485 format (adaptors required for serial RS232 format)