AMS Neve 1081R - 4U Rack Housing - Holds 12 x 1081R Modules
The Neve 1081R is the ideal solution for engineers seeking multiple channels of Neve sound quality without investing in a new console. This system consists of a microprocessor-controlled 12-slot rack and a choice of two superb mic preamps, the Neve 1081 and Air Montserrat (from the vintage Air Montserrat console).
*Modules not included.
By selecting their desired combination of mic preamps, engineers have the flexibility to record classical, pop, rock, or any other musical format, and control it all from a Neve Console or standalone PC. In terms of application, the Air Montserrat Pre is the optimum choice for ambient recording, while the 1081 offers the perfect response for close miking of vocals, acoustic instruments, and percussion.
The rack can be positioned remotely and controlled via an Encore system on a Neve console or a standalone PC, making it the perfect choice for studio or live recording applications. (Connections come courtesy of a 9-pin serial control cable via RS232 to RS485 converter.) Operational settings such as gain, phase and 20dB pad can be controlled either from the rack or via the interface screen, and stored for later recall.
The 1081R allows these legendary mic preamps to be used as remote inputs for the 88RS analogue console, or provides the perfect companion to our digital consoles.
AMS Neve 1081R Features
- 12-space remote-controlled rack featuring a selection of classic 1081 or Air Montserrat
- Modern, convenient way to secure legendary Neve Sound
- Controllable from Neve Console (Encore PC) or standalone PC
- Serial connection to computer
- Recall of all operational settings via software
- Unique hand-wired Neve-designed input transformers
AMS Neve 1081R Specifications
- Power: <40W, 100-240vac auto sensing, 47-63Hz, 1.6A anti-surge fuse
- Mechanical: 4U x 19", 260mm deep
- Audio Interface: 12 balanced circuits on a 56-way panel mounted female varicon
- Control Interface: 9-pin D-type Male input and 9-pin D-type Female output, RS485 format (adaptors required for serial RS232 format)