The latest addition to the Neve outboard range provides two of our world-famous Class A Neve 1073 microphone preamplifiers in a single rackspace. The 1073 is widely considered the premier mic preamp choice for numerous leading producers and artists, delivering the unique Neve sound featured on some of the most famous recordings of the past 30 years.
The big, punchy sound of the 1073 compliments any musical genre, from rock to pop, hip-hop to rap, thrash to classical. Its lush sound with classic Neve signature makes it the consummate mic pre for recording vocals, guitars, and acoustic instruments of all descriptions. With the 1073DPA, the highly sought-after 1073 mic amp sound is now available in a cost-effective 1U stereo rackmount solution, without the additional EQ found on the classic 1073 unit.
The 1073DPA provides the legendary sound of Neve in a remarkably simple format. Two rear-panel Mic inputs and Line inputs feed dual Class A gain stages, with adjustable Gain control and selectable 48V available on the Mic inputs. Class A analogue outputs in XLR format are also found on the rear panel, controlled via adjustable front-panel Trim control, +/-10dB. This stereo unit is the perfect solution for studios looking to bring in the very essence of the legendary Neve 1073 sound.
Studiocare are a uk distributor for AMS Neve Equipment and we carry the largest stock of AMS Neve Outboard in the UK, Call our sales team for the best advise on which product would best suit your needs
AMS Neve 1073 DPA Features
- Two legendary 1073 microphone preamps in a convenient 1U rackmount design
- Hand-crafted and hand-wired by Neve in Burnley, UK
- Dedicated input Gain controls and output Trim controls on both channels
- +48V Phantom Power and Phase Reverse switch
- High quality Input Selector switch
- Neve designed transformers for inimitable Neve sound
Neumann KM184 Stereo Set
The KM 184 microphones is the successors of the well proven KM 84, which has been used since the seventies worldwide with great success. Although the KM 184 has the same capsule as the KM 84, the microphone differs slightly on the 0 degree frequency response: The KM 184 has a gentle rise at about 9 kHz, a characteristic that was introduced very successfully with the KM 140. The result is a tonal balance that is fresher and livelier when compared to the KM 84 with its flat frequency response in that band. This difference was achieved with just a slight change of the capsule's rear opening, and is not due to resonances.
Compared to the KM 84 the dynamic range of the KM 184 increased by 21 dB mainly through the reduction of self- noise level to only 25 dB (CCIR) and an increased sound pressure handlingcapability of up to 138 dB. The microphones operate without any problems, even if the input of following equipment happens to be unbalanced, for example as in some DAT recorders. The output of the KM 184, as in all Neumann microphones, is balanced and phantom (48V) powered.
KM184 Stereo Set Features
- Neumann KM 184 (Stereo Pair) Condenser mic Capsule with cardiod pick-up pattern
- Exceptionally low inherent self-noise (16dB A-weighted)
- Exceptionally high overload capacity (up to 138dB SPL before overload)
- Exceptionally clear sound reproduction free of coloration
- Very smooth frequency curves parallel to 0 degrees sound incidence