AMS Neve 1073 DPA Dual Mic Pre amp & Neumann KM184 Stereo Set Bundle
This bundle includes the AMS Neve 1073 DPA 2 channel mic pre amp and the Neumann KM 184 stereo set in Nickel. Combined these are an excellent audio path for a myriad of recording jobs.
Neve 1073 DPA - Premium 2-Channel Class A Mic Pre
The Neve 1073 DPA is a premium 2-channel Class A microphone preamplifier compacted into a single rackspace. It's widely considered to be the premier mic preamp choice for numerous leading producers and artists, adding that Neve sound featured on thousands of legendary recordings of the past 40 years.
The big, punchy sound of the 1073 compliments any musical genre and it's lush sound with that classic Neve signature makes it the consummate mic pre for nearly every possible scenario. And now the highly sought-after 1073 mic amp sound is now available in a cost-effective 1U stereo rackmount unit, without the additional Equaliser found on the classic 1073 unit and the result is the 1073 DPA
The 1073 DPA provides the brilliant sound of Neve in a remarkably simple 1U format. Two rear Mic and Line inputs feed dual Class A gain stages, with adjustable Gain control and selectable 48V available on the Mic inputs. Class-A analogue outputs in XLR format are also found on the rear panel, controlled via adjustable front-panel Trim control, +/-10dB. This stereo unit is the perfect solution for studios looking to bring in the very essence of the famous Neve 1073 sound.
Studiocare are a uk distributor for AMS Neve Equipment and we carry the largest stock of AMS Neve Outboard in the UK, Call our sales team for the best advise on which product would best suit your needs.
AMS Neve 1073 DPA Features
- Two legendary 1073 microphone preamps in a convenient 1U rackmount design
- Hand-crafted and hand-wired by Neve in Burnley, UK
- Dedicated input Gain controls and output Trim controls on both channels
- +48V Phantom Power and Phase Reverse switch
- High quality Input Selector switch
- Neve designed transformers for inimitable Neve sound
AMS Neve 1073 DPA Specifications
- Input Impedance: Mic - switchable: 300 or 1200 OhmsLine - 20K Ohms
- Frequency Response: 60dB gain into 600 Ohms (20Hz to 20kHz); +/-0.5dB60dB gain into 600 Ohms (10Hz to 40kHz); -3dB
- EIN: Mic 60dB gain <-125dB (22Hz to 22kHz bandwidth)
- THD + Noise: +20dBu into 600 Ohms <0.07% (50Hz to 10kHz) - 80kHz bandwidth
- Width: 482mm (19 inches)
- Height: 45mm (1.75 inches) - 1U
- Depth: 254mm (10 inches)
- Weight: 5kg (11 pounds)
- Integral PSU: 3-pin mains IEC socket - 100-240vac auto sensing, 47-63Hz, 1.6A anti-surge fuse
Neumann KM 184 Stereo Set - Cardioid Microphones - Nickel
The Neumann KM 184 Stereo Set contains a pair of Nickel finish KM 184 small diaphragm cardioid condenser microphones, two stand mounts, two WNS 100 windscreens and a protective wooden box.
The Neumann KM 184 microphone is the successor of the well proven KM 84, which has been used since the seventies worldwide with great success. The slender shape and transmission characteristics described below make the Neumann KM184 especially suitable for a very wide range of tasks in the radio and television sector. It is extremely quiet (16dB A-weighted self-noise), making it excellent for capturing the subtle nuances of acoustic guitar and orchestral perf ormances .
Although the KM 184 has the same capsule as the Neumann KM 84, the microphone differs slightly on the 0 frequency response: The KM 184 has a gentle rise at about 9 kHz, a characteristic that was introduced very successfully with the KM 140. The result is a tonal balance that is fresher and livelier when compared to the KM 84 with its flat frequency response in that band. This difference was achieved with just a slight change of the capsule's rear opening, and is not due to resonances. Compared to the KM 84 the dynamic range of the KM 184 increased by 21 dB mainly through the reduction of self- noise level to only 25 dB (CCIR) and an increased sound pressure handling capability of up to 138 dB. The microphone operates without any problems, even if the input of following equipment happens to be unbalanced, for example as in some DAT/CF recorders. The output of the KM 184, as in all Neumann microphones, is balanced and phantom (48V) powered.
The KM 184 is a good choice for all users who look for a high- quality miniature microphone, but do not need the complex, modular KM 100 system, which continues to be part of the Neumann product range. The mechanical construction was simplified for this model, for example, capsule and output stage cannot be separated from each other. For this reason the KM 184 is an economical alternative without giving up the electroacoustic features the users expect from Neumann microphones.
Neumann KM184 Stereo Set Features
- Set includes:
- 2 x Microphone KM 184(mt) - Nickel
- 2 x Stand mount swivel SG 21/17
- 2 x Windscreen WNS 100
- Wooden box
- Trouble-free operation also with unbalanced equipment (e.g. DAT/CF recorders)
- Set includes windshield and two different microphone clamps
- Low Noise - 16dB A-weighted self-noise
- Varied Applications
Neumann KM184 Specifications
- Directional pattern: Cardioid
- Acoustic operating principle: Pressure gradient transducer
- Frequency range Hz: 20 - 20,000
- Sensitivity mV/Pa: 12 (-36.2dBu=+38.4dBv)
- Rated impedance Ohms: 50
- Equivalent loudness level due to inherent noise: DIN 45 405 CCIR 468-3 dB: 25, DIN/IEC 651 dB-A: 16
- S/N ratio re 1 Pa at 1 kHz: CCIR dB: 69 (S/N=94dB - equiv. noise), A-weighted dB-A : 8
- Max. SPL for less than 0.5% THD without pre-attenuation dB: 38
- Total dynamic range of the microphone amplifier dB: 122
- Power consumption mA: 2
- Weight g: 80
- Dimensions: Diameter mm: 22, Length mm 107
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Neve SKU SSCP1073KM184 Model 1073DPA-KM184ST GTIN NA
£1,089.00 (inc. vat) £907.50 (ex. vat)
£1,089.00 (inc. vat) £907.50 (ex. vat)
£2,100.00 (inc. vat) £1,750.00 (ex. vat)
£1,680.00 (inc. vat) £1,400.00 (ex. vat)