The Alesis iO4 is a compact USB audio-interface for home, project and portable studio recording setups. This four-channel USB device for Mac and PC-based systems enables users to record and monitor four channels in 16-bit mode or two channels in 24-bit mode. The iO4 is compact to comfortably fits into a mobile recording rig, laptop bag or backpack, yet contains high-quality components and circuitry suitable for the studio.
The iO4 has four input channels, each having an XLR microphone input, a 1/4-inch TRS insert for external effects units and a 1/4-inch TS jack that works with line-level sources and can accommodate direct connection of guitars. The iO4 features discrete-design preamplifiers and 48-volt phantom power on each of its four input channels as well for use with virtually all microphones and audio sources.
Producers and musicians will appreciate the ability to connect a second pair of reference monitors or route audio to external effects processors using iO4’s four available output channels. For remote tracking and alternative playback, the iO4 has a 1/4-inch TRS headphone output.
A/D and D/A
High quality analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog converters ensure that every detail of each session or performance gets captured and played back faithfully. The iO4 features MIDI In and Out jacks for playing and controlling software with keyboard and pad controllers, workstations, and other MIDI-compatible instruments.
The iO4 sends and receives eight audio channels on a single USB cable for simple, universal interface to a computer. The USB interface is class compliant for plug-and-play operation with Mac OS X and Windows XP, Vista and 7.
Steinberg Cubase LE
The iO4 comes complete with a copy of Steinberg Cubase LE digtal audio workstation (DAW) software. Cubase is one of the most popular DAWs in the world thanks to its intuitive approach to composing, recording, editing and mixing. In addition to the included software, the iO4 is compatible with virtually all audio and MIDI software.
Alesis iO4 Features
- Four-channel computer audio-recording interface
- Record up to 24-bit audio into virtually any software
- Monitor sessions with studio monitor and headphone outputs
- High-quality A/D and D/A converters, discrete-design preamps, 48V phantom power
- Inputs for microphones, line-level sources, and instruments including guitars
- Tricolor stereo level meter and lighted status indicators for visual monitoring
- MIDI Input and Output jacks for playing and controlling software with instruments
In The Box
- iO4 interface
- USB cable
- AC Adaptor
- Software CD
- Mac: OS X 10.6, 10.7, 10.8
- Windows: XP, Vista, 7, or 8
- USB port
- 4x XLR and 1/4", mic/line/guitar level
- Switchable phantom power
- Discrete-design preamplifiers
- 2x 1/4" Main
- 1/4" TRS Headphone
- 4 In, 4 Out (max)
- Tricolor stereo LED tree
- MIDI In, MIDI Out, USB
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
£199.99 £166.66 (ex. vat)
£165.00 £137.50 (ex. vat)