The Alesis DM10 is a drum module that delivers lightning-fast, uber-accurate tracking with the widest dynamic range of any module, incredibly drummer-friendly operation, a massive input section, but it also has the most realistic, natural sound set available in any drum module. But that wasn't enough for us. Of course the DM10 has a built-in sequencer, metronome, top-panel mixer, and a variety of outputs, but the DM10 is also the first drum module to enable you to update its sound set via standard USB connection with your Mac or PC.
You will immediately notice the DM10 module’s outstanding sound quality. The module contains true drum, cymbal and percussion sounds built from uncompressed samples of classic studio drums and prized cymbals. You'll find some of the most in-demand acoustic drum sounds from legendary drum brands, a huge arsenal of top producers' go-to snare drums, real American, Canadian, Chinese, and Turkish cymbals, and a choice selection of classic drum machine and electronic percussion sounds that have fueled the biggest hit records.
Discerning ears will notice that each sound is actually a series of different samples; multiple dynamic-level samples and articulations are all built in so as you play harder and softer, the drum or cymbal changes its timbre, not just its volume. This engineered realism is known as Dynamic Articulation™, an Alesis exclusive.
You can play with or without reverb for different room sounds and enjoy a wide variety of rimshots, rim clicks and different stick-placement sounds on the cymbals. For example, a hi-hat’s sound depends on a number of factors: how open or closed the pedal is, how hard it is struck, and other variables resulting in 40 different sounds – plus foot chick and heel splash.
The DM10 module not only has a breathtaking collection of sounds onboard, it is also the world's first drum-sound module that enables you to load new sound sets via USB connection from your computer. This means that your sounds will always stay fresh, current and cutting edge.
You can also use the DM10 as a trigger-to-MIDI interface for performing and tracking with software drum modules such as BFD, Toontrack and Reason, among others. For practice, you can play along with the tracks in the DM10’s internal sequencer, mix in an iPod or other MP3 player and play along.
Inputs & Outputs
The DM10 module has 12 trigger inputs, perfect for creating custom configurations. You can use it with virtually all drum and cymbal pads and acoustic drum triggers thanks to easy-to-configure trigger settings. The DM10 also has full MIDI implementation so if 12 trigger inputs aren't enough to accommodate your giant setup, just add the Trigger|iO (sold separately) and keep adding on with 10 more inputs!
The DM10 accommodates both continuous and switch (open/closed) hi-hat control pedals. You get full MIDI implementation including both MIDI In and Out for working with traditional MIDI gear along with the USB jack, which can also send MIDI to your Mac or PC. The DM10 also has a stereo Auxiliary input for connecting line-level devices like a CD player or iPod so you can play along.
The DM10 has two stereo pairs of 1/4" outputs for main and auxiliary feeds, so you can send separate mixes to to the house and monitor systems. This enables you to send the metronome or a loop to the monitor mix and not to the audience mix. There's also a high-powered headphone output with its own volume knob. For managing everything easily, there's also a top-panel mixer.
The DM10 is the drum module drummers of the world have been waiting for. Its built-in sounds, performance capabilities, and flexibility give you the power you need, and the ability to update its sound set via USB places the DM10 in a class of its own.
Alesis DM10 Features
- 12 trigger inputs
- Top-panel mixer for balancing drums, cymbals, and accompaniment levels
- Compatible with most electronic drum pads, cymbals, triggers, and controllers
- Works with iPad via Apple USB Adaptor (sold separately)
- Premium instrument library multi-sampled from real drums and cymbals
- Dynamic Articulation™ changes sounds' character along with dynamics for realism
- Load sound sets and control software drum modules via USB
- Play along with tracks and record yourself with the sequencer
- Mix input for practicing with CD and MP3 players
- Mountable on stands or racks with E-Percussion Module Mount, sold separately
In The Box
- DM10 drum module
- Power supply
- Quick start guide
Alesis DM10 Specifications
- Polyphony: 64 voices
- Memory: 128 MB, linear
Audio and Trigger I/O
- Audio inputs: stereo (2x RCA)
- Trigger inputs: 12x 1/4" TRS
- Hi-hat controller input: continuous compatible (1x 1/4")
- MIDI: In, Out (2x DIN MIDI)
- Audio outputs: stereo Main (2x 1/4" balanced), stereo Aux assignable (2x 1/4" balanced)
- Headphone output: stereo (1x 1/4" TRS)
- Computer: High-speed USB for MIDI and computer transfer (1x USB slave)
Sound Set and Sequences
- Preset sounds: 1,047
- Preset sound type: 16-bit uncompressed samples
- Preset kits: 100 (all kits can be overwritten)
- Sequencer patterns: 75 preset, 25 user (all patterns can be overwritten)
- Basses: 55
- Beatbox: 55
- Beat/drum machine: 59
- Chinas: 13
- Crashes: 36
- Hi-hats: 25
- One-hits: 349
- Kicks: 91
- Percussion: 151
- Rides: 28
- SFX: 31
- Snares: 85
- Toms: 69