AKG C568B Condenser Shotgun Mic
High directivity and wide frequency response in a relatively short package make the AKG C 568 B an ideal microphone for theatre, sound reinforcement and film/video recording. Thanks to its compact size and light-weight design, the C 568 B is also ideal for camera mount applications. The C568B is an electret condenser design which operates on both pressure gradient and interference principles.
Below 500 Hz it functions as a hypercardioid microphone; above 500 Hz, the acoustic interference tube increases its directivity for extremely accurate pickup of distant sound. A switch-selectable 12 dB-per-octave, 150 Hz roll-off filter effectively suppresses rumble and wind noise. The robust all-metal housing contains the built-in preamp and impedance converter and phantom power adaptor. The C 568 B includes a foam windscreen and stand adaptor and does an excellent job of capturing sound.
AKG C568B Features
- Compact, short shotgun microphone
- Integrated, switchable bass cut filter minimizes mechanical noise
- Operates on phantom power
- Polar Patterns: Hypercardioid/Directional
- Frequency Range: 20-20,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 11 mV/Pa (-39 dBV)
- Max. SPL for 0.5% THD: 128 dB
- Equivalent noise level: 18 dB-A
- Signal/noise ratio (A weighted): 76 dB
- Bass cut filter: 12 dB/octave at 120 Hz
- Electrical impedance: 600 ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: >2,000 ohms
- Power Requirement: 9 to 52 V phantom power
- Current Consumption: <2 mA
- Connector: 3-pin male XLR
- Finish: dark gray
- Size: 21 dia. x 253 mm / 0.8 dia. x 10 in.
- Net/Shipping Weight: 160 g / 5.6 oz. // 715 g / 1.6 lbs.
- Standard included Accessories: SA 40, W 68
- Additional Information
Manufacturer AKG SKU SAKGC568B Model AKG0060 GTIN 9002761026559