Akai RPM500 - Studio Monitor
The Akai RPM500 is a compact active studio monitor featuring 90-watts of class A/B amplification which drives the 5.25" woofer with 50 watts and the 1.5" voice coil tweeter with 40 watts. The woofer and tweeter together produce a frequency response from 50Hz to 30kHz.
The Akai RPM500 active studio monitors rear panel featres HF Trim, MF Boost and LF Cutoff controls to allow you to mix in any acoustic environment. The rear panel also includes XLR, balanced TRS and RCA inputs so that no matter what your source you can always plug into your RPM500's.
Included with the Akai RPM500 studio monitors are isolation pads which dramatically decrease structure-borne resonances.
Akai RPM500 Features:
- Pure and accurate frequency response from 50Hz to 30kHz
- 90-Watt distributed Class A/B amplification provides ultra-efficient power with minimal distortion
- 50-Watt 5 ¼-inch (133.3mm) woofer with 1 ½-inch (38.1mm) voice coil and high-damping rubber surround
- 40-Watt silk-dome tweeter with 1 ¼-inch (31.7mm) voice coil
- Proximity Control for low-end tailoring
- HF Trim, MF Boost, and LF Cutoff controls allow you to mix in any environment
- Included monitor isolation pad dramatically decreases structure-borne resonances
- Integrated radio frequency protection plus magnetic shielding preserves signal purity
- Recessed amp mounting, external heat sink, and 14-gauge wiring to transducers
- On/off transient protection and external mains fuse
- Output current limiter, over-temperature limiter, and subsonic filter
- Flared rear-firing bass port delivers low-frequency depth and definition
- XLR, balanced ¼-inch TRS, and RCA inputs
Akai RPM500 Specifications:
- Dimensions (each): 12.5" x 10.1" x 8"
- Weight (each): 17.2 lbs
- Power configuration: Bi-amplified
- LF Driver size: 5.25 inch (133.3mm)
- HF Driver size: 1.25 inch (38.1)
- LF Driver amp: 50-Watt
- HF Driver amp: 40-Watt
- Input: XLR, balanced 1/4 inch (6.3mm), RCA
- Enclosure type: Ported
- Frequency range: 50 Hz to 30 kHz